King bed Demensions on a RW 420

Yeshugal

Hello! My name is Shelley and we are moving toward full timing. We had decided in the RW 427... LOVED it, but then found Pitt that there is not room to install our Tempurpedic adjustable in the bedroom as the "king" in there is only actually 69inches wide instead of 76 wide!!! UGH.... Can't tell you how disappointed we are!!!! So we realized that a N/S configure won't work! On to the RW 420. Can anyone tell me the actual demensions of the interior of the slide on the 420? Again, our bed is 76 wide. Thank you for your help!!!!
blessings
Shelley Swindler

jimtoo

Hi Shelley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other RW owners will jump in soon with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Rhyph

There is no 69" wide king mattress that I'm aware of. The mattress in our Road Warrior 420 is a "California King" at 72" wide x 84" long, and I just measured it to confirm. "RV Kings" are usually a little shorter at 72" wide x 80" long. I thought we had a RV king, but that explains why normal king sized sheets I'd been buying were tight one way and loose the other way. I should also mention our mattress came out of our Bighorn and I didn't pay attention to sizes other than it fit. We liked the older mattress so much, we swapped it out and gave the new mattress from the Road Warrior away with the Bighorn since it was a cheaper, no name, basic mattress.

ON EDIT: Better double check the length on what can go in there, in case there were changes to the slide out. Our mattress does press slightly up against the drawers with this slide in. Any changes to that or the distances might mean that it *should* have a RV king at the 72x80 size to prevent crushing it against those drawers.

Yeshugal

The the king in the RW427 is 69... Measures it at the dealership Sat. Very very bummed about that!!!!! Hoping here is some leeway in the slide of the 420... Our Tempurpedic frame/mattress is 76x80.

There is no 69" wide king mattress that I'm aware of. The mattress in our Road Warrior 420 is a "California King" at 72" wide x 84" long, and I just measured it to confirm. "RV Kings" are usually a little shorter at 72" wide x 80" long. I thought we had a RV king, but that explains why normal king sized sheets I'd been buying were tight one way and loose the other way. I should also mention our mattress came out of our Bighorn and I didn't pay attention to sizes other than it fit. We liked the older mattress so much, we swapped it out and gave the new mattress from the Road Warrior away with the Bighorn since it was a cheaper, no name, basic mattress.

ON EDIT: Better double check the length on what can go in there, in case there were changes to the slide out. Our mattress does press slightly up against the drawers with this slide in. Any changes to that or the distances might mean that it *should* have a RV king at the 72x80 size to prevent crushing it against those drawers.