Oxygenics Body Spa Shower Head - WOW!

jbeletti

Here at the 2008 Escapees Escapade in Gillette, WY are a ton of vendors. I have spent way too much money with them :)

I would be remiss if I did not post a review of the Oxygenics Body Spa Shower Head that I purchased from Ken and Marilyn Murphy at their Coil-n'-Wrap RV Accessories store in their booth here.
coilnwrap.gif

This product was recommended to me by Gary Wheeler of Mor-Ryde. Anyway, thank you Gary! This thing is awesome. If you are looking for more from your shower head, especially in a low-pressure situation, consider this product. They sell them in chrome and brushed nickel finishes. It installs in 1 minute and it has a control (comfort) valve the adjust from full pressure down to barely a trickle.

If it fits in their 2009 schedule, I may try to bring this vendor to our rally in Goshen in June. They sell a lot of cool little RV items that I think would add to our rally.

Jim

bodyspa-1-12121.jpg

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Shame on you for posting that link.. :) I see they have several things I didn't know I needed. LOL
Very cool little store. I'm going to bookmark it and send it to a couple friends as well. Thanks, Jim!

truknutt

Committed Member
Two words - - - "PLUG DOGS"!

Found them in a truckstop, of all places, years ago and consequently found Coil 'n Wrap. ;)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Camping World has the Oxygenics on sale for $39.99 , if anyone is interested.;)....Kenny

P.S was $14.75 cheaper at CW , including shipping and sales tax.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Another product. Here at the Escapee Escapade in Gillette,Wy we found something too. We have been looking for a tire pressure monitoring system and found both the Pressure Pro and Doran systems on sale here. We opted for Doran system as it allows us to set the threshold pressure and comes with the sensor locks. After installing it on the fiver and truck it seems to work magnificently. It even told me I was missing sensors when we drove the truck away from the RV. It will pay for itself if it saves us from unexpected tire failures. Incidently the pricing here was within $5.00 difference of the Pressure Pro.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The shower head looks very nice, but I have a question. While we travel a lot and many places do not have sewer, we have to conserve how much water we use.. Does this shower head have a way to stop the flow of water. Remember how a Navy shower works.. DW is just getting use to taking one without running the water constantly..

truknutt

Committed Member
Hay Truknutt... What the H&^%$ is Plug Dogs ???

BC

:D:D:D

Have you ever had to use more than 1 umbilical/power cord to reach your power source? Now try to pull them apart for storage....I actually had to pry them apart with a screwdriver a couple of times.

Pull Dogs wrap around the cord ends and provide a handle for you to grab; similiar to the hard handles of the PowerGrips in the attached image. The soft Pull Dogs enable me to close the lid on my power source receptacle box so I can lock it (not all Rvers are as trustworthy as the members of this forum!!).

Attachments

• PowerGrip.jpg
    PowerGrip.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 34

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

I believe the Oxygenics has a flow rate of 1.8 GPM. I think that is pretty low. It has incredible perceived volume as it some how mixes air with the water as it sprays on you. It's nice.

Jim

jdcarp2001

I like the Oxygenics shower head because it appears to always have the same water pressure, even when the sink water is low pressure the water comming out of the shower head seems to be greater, enough for a good shower.

Uncle Rog

Jim, their specs say 2.5 gpm @ 80#'s, so 1.8 or less is probably about right powered by a pump, we like ours a lot...........

jbeletti

Thanks for the update on the flow-rate Rog. I never looked it up but thought I recalled 1.8 gpm from the sales gal.

Sorry to keep blowing this item's horn but I have to share again. This morning, under pump pressure only (not connected with CG water), the pressure out of the shower was amazing! Love it.

mike3fan

Yes they have a shut off near the head,it does not completely shut off the flow but slows it to a trickle which allows time to lather up:)

Very happy with mine,bought at CW $39.99

bpmills

Hi Jim: How are you? That shower head looks like a hot set up, will it fit my 2009BH 3400rl without too much work??
Thanks, Burt

jbeletti

Burt,

I believe the connector type on most RV shower faucets are the same. It "should" work on your Bighorn just fine.

Note that on my Landmark with the adjustable height pole for the shower head, the additional weight of the Comfort valve the comes with the Oxygenics shower head was just enough to make the holder slide down the pole. So I opted to get the 1/4-turn chromed (plastic) shut-off valve. I mounted the valve at the faucet output and screwed the end of the shower hose onto it. Perfect!

Jim

Uncle Rog

Water Pressure?

It has never bothered us but the water seems to always be in "pulse" mode, is this from pressure or did I install the parts in the hose / head wrong?

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
If the press is this good on a product it must have some merit. Santha and I went up to the camping world in Snellville. Ga. and purchased one this last Sunday. We are going up to lake Lanier for long weekend tomorrow. I wish all of you could join us.
Randy