Trailer Wiring Adapter

GregP

I want to add an in-box plug to connect my Bighorn trailer wiring but still keep the existing 7 blade connector at the rear bumper area. I know there are a number of adapters out there, but does anyone have a recommendation. I am looking for something that will be "plug & play" and well made. Also, I have seen the in -box plug mounted either ahead of the rear wheel, or behind it. Any suggestions as to which, if any, is better? Thanks for any advice.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The plug and play adapter from etrailer.com
Mount it at the rear so you can reach it standing on the ground

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The one Jess mentions is easy to install. I put it about halfway between the wheel well and the tail gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwaysbusy

x3. Bought mine off of etrailer, it's plug and play. There's pros and cons to in front as well as rear of wheel well. In the end it comes down to personal preference. I placed mine in rear as I haul wood stacked across the front of the bed to keep it out of the rain under the tonnopro. Plus, in the rear I find it easier to reach.

GregP

Thanks for the advice. Looks like an easy install. Should have done it a long time ago.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The in bed plug and the custom 7-way junction box and coiled light cord makes the perfect setup.
c720bc9c4b3c99e487de82e5422d0c99.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sjandbj

I mounted mine in the back. This way I can plug it in without having to climb over the bed side. I also have the coiled cord. the cord is sweet. It is always out of the way and does not get tangled up in the bed of the truck.