Winter Cover For BH3750FL

Mjgebe

I want to cover my Bighorn for the winter months. I have a 3750FL. What is the best cover for living in Southwestern PA. I do keep in in the mountains we do get snow, wind and cold weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
There is a very nice heated storage facility up in Somerset county we've been using for 2 years. Happy Camp Inc. Heated to 55 degrees all winter. They can probably store 100-150 RVs. Last year, they were almost full.
We covered our last 2 trailers. Difficult to keep a cover from damaging the trailer roof and also damaging the cover itself, in the harsh windy conditions in SW PA. We did it, but had to add additional tie downs to the bottom and around the sides. Will not cover another.

Good Luck

alwaysbusy

As the case with many threads, my take little different. Like yourself, we're also here in PA. We camp into December and start back up the last week in March, just about when the freezing temps at night cease. Our previous hauler remained outside all the time, even through the snow. I've always used an ADCO Tyvek cover. This is the highest line made by ADCO. Prior to covering in December, I clean the unit spotless both inside and out. In March when I uncover, the unit is as it was when I covered it up. I have no streaks from rain or melting snow and I have no spring cleaning to do. In general, good covers are expensive though. Currently we are getting ready to special order an ADCO cover for our new unit. Putting them on and taking them off however, is not a job for the weak at heart, it's a job. I always get someone to help me. Happy shopping.