T.V. channel scan

KenJ

Hello,

After raising the roof antenna I see a low or no signal message on the screen. With the booster light on, I do an OTA scan. I might get three or four channels, but want more because the guy up the road a bit gets 8 or nine. Do I need to rotate the antenna and do another scan each time I rotate trying to get more stations? Or just rotate after the initial scan.

Thanks.

Noofear

You're going to have to scan every time you readjust the antenna

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

farside291

Try the digital TV antenna pointing app. It tells you where all the TV antenna towers are located. Works great.

mlpeloquin

If you have an I-Phone go to the app store. Type in Antenna Point. Choose one. I just look at the direction that other antennas are pointing and direct my antenna the same way and run a scan.

alwaysbusy

In my old unit, like others when everything went digital we had to purchase a converter box. The converter box had a feature which assessed the strength of the incoming signal. As I would rotate the antenna around, the tv displayed both a visual display of a meter going up/down with the signal as well as an audible tone that did the same. I wish something that simple could be accessed on the televisions.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In my old unit, like others when everything went digital we had to purchase a converter box. The converter box had a feature which assessed the strength of the incoming signal. As I would rotate the antenna around, the tv displayed both a visual display of a meter going up/down with the signal as well as an audible tone that did the same. I wish something that simple could be accessed on the televisions.
Here ya go. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

One thing I used to do not having any of that fancy stuff was to walk around the park and see what direction other folks had their antennas pointing. You can bet that those who have been there a while have found the optimum direction.

SNOKING

It is a real chicken and egg issue! Got to have a signal to scan on, can't tell if you have a signal until after you scan. Welcome to digital TV!

farside291

I have been to places where some towers will broadcast multiple stations and other towers only one or two channels. The app tells you what stations are on which tower so you can point in the direction with the most stations.