Moulding killed my tv

paleclaire

I hope Heartland sees this and starts using more that a few tiny nail gun nails and one strip of glue for moulding adhesion. Big off side moulding fell off and hit the big screen. I reattached the moulding properly when I got to camp. Pretty ****** off when I turned on the tv and saw the damage. Thanks Heartland...20160906_191902.jpg20160906_191902.jpg

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

Sorry to here about the damage. If it is a 40" set, it won't cost more that $280.00 to replace it. Mine died. I found out just how cheep they were. I up graded to a 43" 4000k HD set. $380.00 at Costco. The TV mount had to be adjusted and a small tab cut out for the cable locations. A much nicer TV it is.

On another note my slide trim was pulled off because the door to the cabinet opened and the door knob caught it. I removed the trim and stored it until I got home. Used 18 gauge finish nail gun to put it back. Made sure all nails were into the wood on the slide side. I did not want to use anything else, because if it should happen again I don't want the door to be destroyed or the trim to be split. Perhaps they did not get the nails into the wood backing on yours. I noticed there was some silicone adhesive. Looked like it was being used as a shim behind the slide trim board and to glue it. If it were to glue it, it would have been down the entire length. It was just in the top where a space was behind the trim board.

alwaysbusy

Trim has been driving me nuts. Every time a turn around, another is falling off. We just had some warranty work done and I had them fix four different sections.

Jpastore

I have been battling the same issues with my 2016 Sundance. What I am having issues with putting out good money and having to deal with poor workmanship and all I here from everyone is your better off fixing it your self. I should have bought a used RV and gutted it and built it myself. That's my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've had trim falling off around the entrance door in our Prowler . . .

Here is a photo I took of the inside a week before we bought it (look at upper left side of the photo around the door):

ProwlerLivingroomFromStairs-P5160705.jpg

I never noticed the trim falling off in this photo until last night when I put this shot in another topic thread about the recliner chairs.

Anyway, I did notice it the day I took this photo and mentioned it . . . and again the day we came in and put down our deposit . . . and again when we did our PDI.

And I mentioned it each time and they fixed it.

But when we got home . . . it was falling off again (both sides of the door) and was fixed a couple of different times by the dealership when they were doing warranty work.

But still it continued to fall off.

I finally bought a bottle of Gorilla Glue . . . and it has not fallen off since!

carl.swoyer

Gorilla glue makes an awesome product. Even the drip tip works great for small repairs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

18 gauge 1.75 inch with a pneumatic nail gun does the job so long as you get them into something of substance behind the trim. On the other hand, Gorilla glue, if used sparingly, will do the job. It does expand a lot and needs to be held tightly as it cures. It works much better if you wet both surfaces prior to application. I use it to repair foam RC airplanes and it holds like the hubs of H*LL.

JohnD

I bought some clamps to hold the trim . . . but they didn't work for that project.

So I ended up using blue painters tape to hold the trim until the Gorilla Glue dried.

mbrawski

I opened our 2018 Northtrail the other day of the first time since getting it home, a 120 mile trip from the dealership, and found a trim piece above the dinette loose and the staples scraped the larger piece below it.

I'll be taking photos tomorrow and making an appointment for warranty repair.

CoveredWagon

I like Loctite instant grip. I haven't had to use it on the Rv yet because we still haven't picked it up ☹️. Anyway unlike gorilla glue it doesn't expand, at least the g glue I've used does, and it does hold instantly. I've used it on more different materials than you can imagine and so far nothing has fallen on the floor yet. 😉

JohnD

I opened our 2018 Northtrail the other day of the first time since getting it home, a 120 mile trip from the dealership, and found a trim piece above the dinette loose and the staples scraped the larger piece below it.

The trim around our entrance door was constantly falling off and 'fixed' by our dealership three times.

I finally bought some Gorilla Glue and blue painters tape (to hold the trim in place while the glue dries) and fixed it right.

Hasn't fallen off since.

I'd post pics, but I'm on my iPad in a campground in Trinidad, CO on our way home from the Alto, NM HOC Rally and have never figured out how to post pics from these tablets to the forum.

mbrawski

if I weren't under warranty I'd be all over the DIY fix. But brand new and with a couple hours of towing I'm going to let them fix it.

I've since done another trip, this one about 2000 miles, and found a number of other items to add to the list. I'm not loving the quality of the trailer at this point.

The trim around our entrance door was constantly falling off and 'fixed' by our dealership three times.

I finally bought some Gorilla Glue and blue painters tape (to hold the trim in place while the glue dries) and fixed it right.

Hasn't fallen off since.

I'd post pics, but I'm on my iPad in a campground in Trinidad, CO on our way home from the Alto, NM HOC Rally and have never figured out how to post pics from these tablets to the forum.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired

This happened to us on our 2nd trip. Somewhere between AZ 95 and I-40 interchange and Quartzite AZ, the trim on the main slide fell off the slide. The trim was held on with RTV and small staples. The trim and end piece are both messed up. I also found the other two trim pieces loose and almost falling off! I can understand urgency on the production line, but this is ridiculous!! I had to use Gorilla wood glue to repair as well as two #8x2" wood screws to reattach the trim and secure the other two pieces.

Attachments

• Main Slide Trim Fell Off.jpg
    Main Slide Trim Fell Off.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Main Slide Trim RTV.jpg
    Main Slide Trim RTV.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Main Slide Trim Damage.jpg
    Main Slide Trim Damage.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 39
  • End Trim Damage.jpg
    End Trim Damage.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 39

JohnD

if I weren't under warranty I'd be all over the DIY fix. But brand new and with a couple hours of towing I'm going to let them fix it.

I've since done another trip, this one about 2000 miles, and found a number of other items to add to the list. I'm not loving the quality of the trailer at this point.

I wouldn't take it back to the dealership every time you find something wrong unless you just can't use the camper without the fix.

We used our Prowler the whole first camping season and made a list of everything that needed to be fixed and I bandaided whatever I could and fixed the minor things myself.

Ironically, the best repairs were the ones I did myself.

I had to have the dealer fix several things over more than twice and I wound up just doing it myself in the end.

Once you drive that RV off of their lot, we are no longer their best buds . . .