Removing fridge

travlingman

Looks like I am going to have to pull the residential fridge out of the slide to have it worked on. For those that have done this, how did you not damage the wood edging along the base of the slide? Figure I will have to build a platform to roll it out on but what did you use between platform and over the top of wood edge? So far all I can see is a wood support on top of fridge holding it in. Is there anything attaching it in that is hidden?

osims

bsims
I laid 2x4s flat on the floor and put a piece of 3/4 plywood on top of that and then cut cardboard to cover and extend under front wheels of refrigerator then rolled it out, without scratching woodwork.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it's a residential fridge
I used a lot of blue painters tape across the wood in front of the fridge then a big piece of cardboard to pull it out on. I tilted the front up and pulled out so as to never drag the fridge across the tape.
I did about 4 or 5 layers of tape

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

aRAYwego

I laid 2x4s flat on the floor and put a piece of 3/4 plywood on top of that and then cut cardboard to cover and extend under front wheels of refrigerator then rolled it out, without scratching woodwork.

This is what I did as well. Actually had to use a piece of 1/8" ply in addition to the 3/4", 2 screws under fridge and a piece of aluminum angle on top rear of fridge that had stripped out, were the only things holding it in. Adjusted the wheels up and rolled it out. No damage to woodwork.

travlingman

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I won't have to take it out right now. After setting overnight, freezer started working. Going to have to replace ice maker line though this fall, so will take it out then.