Need Bedding Ideas

Carleen

Okay- so we have a 2011 BH with a King Bed. The comforter is like a bed spread that has quality fabric. We don't have the shams for the pillows. It is nice, but scratchy! It doesn't keep you warm and just doesn't work for me. I am used to a down comforter with a nice duvet. SO, the question I have is- where did you all get your bedding if you upgraded to something different? The colors are hard to match with the retailers because they carry a lot of grey and cool tones.

I looked at pictures of a new Bighorn and it also had a nice comforter. Is it like a cotton comforter? Or more like a beadspread? I am open to ordering from Heartland if it is one that works.

Thanks for your input!

TikiDawg

Like almost everything else we've upgraded... Amazon.com Attached photo is our upgraded bedding. (King)

Attachments

• P4015638_resized.jpg
    P4015638_resized.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 110

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The better half purchased all of our bedding from BB&B. We downsized to the queen but I don't think that should matter.

Carleen

Like almost everything else we've upgraded... Amazon.com Attached photo is our upgraded bedding. (King)
That is very nice- I was hoping to find something like that. I will have to check out Amazon.com

I have also looked at BB&B, but didn't have much luck. The colors are hard to match! Ours is the Pecan wood with the golden/espresso interior, and we have dogs, so finding something that would work hasn't been easy.

Thanks for the ideas!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
BigLots has bed-in-a-bag combos that aren't too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

I put my original bedspread and shams in storage at home and I use blankets and a coverlet. The coverlet is neutral and I use some colored throw pillows for a little life to the simple. Why? Because with the dogs and our love of dry camping, the coverlet is machine washable.

Carleen

I put my original bedspread and shams in storage at home and I use blankets and a coverlet. The coverlet is neutral and I use some colored throw pillows for a little life to the simple. Why? Because with the dogs and our love of dry camping, the coverlet is machine washable.

We have a French Bulldog that tends to make a mess on the bedding from her eye boogies. Just something you can't avoid with her because she is old. And she won't sleep on the floor without being panicked- bless her heart she is a spoiled dog!

Something with a pattern that is washable is best. We use blankets on the bed for the dogs, but that isn't always fail safe from the face boogies.

Is a coverlet the same as a duvet cover?

Mrsfish

We have a French Bulldog that tends to make a mess on the bedding from her eye boogies. Just something you can't avoid with her because she is old. And she won't sleep on the floor without being panicked- bless her heart she is a spoiled dog!

Something with a pattern that is washable is best. We use blankets on the bed for the dogs, but that isn't always fail safe from the face boogies.

Is a coverlet the same as a duvet cover?

no- a coverlet is like a light weight quilt, but bigger so it is used as a bed cover. At home I use a bamboo coverlet for the guest bed which one of my labs has decided is hers. Again, washes very easily and not many dogs shed like a black lab😀
This coverlet came with matching shams and again i use fancier throw pillows to give it life

VKTalley

Okay- so we have a 2011 BH with a King Bed. The comforter is like a bed spread that has quality fabric. We don't have the shams for the pillows. It is nice, but scratchy! It doesn't keep you warm and just doesn't work for me. I am used to a down comforter with a nice duvet. SO, the question I have is- where did you all get your bedding if you upgraded to something different? The colors are hard to match with the retailers because they carry a lot of grey and cool tones.

I looked at pictures of a new Bighorn and it also had a nice comforter. Is it like a cotton comforter? Or more like a beadspread? I am open to ordering from Heartland if it is one that works.

Thanks for your input!

Carleen, I use quilts on our bed, no comforter. I didn't try match the walls/wood colors, I added colors that I love and they brighten up the bedroom. Add to your room what you like best. Most standard size bedding options will work.

alwaysbusy

We've used ablifestyles.com. Their a family business which custom makes about anything you want for rv bedding. The cool thing is, the bottom corners to their sheets, quilts, etc. have elastic sewn in. You will pay, but we have their stuff on our 3 different bed sizes and like them a lot.

kowAlski631

I buy what I like off the shelf. We found a king sized comforter that had a little beige in it, but was a bluish gray mostly.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One of the first things we did was remove the OEM bedspread, pillows and pillow shams. I think they're still in a tote in our basement, or maybe they got tossed. Cheap, at best. We use comforters of different weights/colors that are washable and large Tempurpedic pillows. Cats like to toss their cookies on them occasionally, so all bedding has to be washable.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Carlene,

Our kids gave us this quilt when we bought our Elkridge with a queen bed. I still works on our King now in the Silverado. We take our pillows from home and have added the decorative ones as an accent for the quilt.(I have rotated pictures several ways and they still are sideways.)

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 40

GETnBYE

We went with the quilt/coverlet option. Comfortable and washable. This is what we got, but there are tons of options out there.
image.jpeg