Need Advice on a Towing Vehicle, Please

dc1259

Hey Ya'll,

I have just purchased a Heartland Trailrunner 2700RLS, its weight is 6470lbs dry.
Can anyone tell me what kind of Vehicle I will need to pull this TT. I have heard so many different opinions.:confused:
Thanks so much, and Have a Wonderful 4th!!
Blessings,None
1 lady, 1husband & 2 dachshunds
dc

Sundance_kid

Me I would only look a 3/4 ton trucks they would handle the weight with no problems. If you need additional storage you can put a camper shell on it also. Happy trails.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
dc1259,
Friends of ours are looking to get a North Trail which weighs about the same as your Trail Runner. They can pull the North Trail with their Toyota Sequoia SUV. Me I would opt for something a bit more just because that's the way I am. If you go to Heartlands website and look at the North Trail line you will see a link to which vehicle can pull a certain model. It is a really nice feature and very informative.

Good luck,
Mark

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey Ya'll,

I have just purchased a Heartland Trailrunner 2700RLS, its weight is 6470lbs dry.
Can anyone tell me what kind of Vehicle I will need to pull this TT. I have heard so many different opinions.:confused:
Thanks so much, and Have a Wonderful 4th!!
Blessings,None
1 lady, 1husband & 2 dachshunds
dc

Congrats on your new purchase. Glad to see I'm not the only one out there that buys the trailer first and then has to come up with the appropriate tow vehicle!!!!

DW says it's a scam...I'll never admit that she's probably right...this time!!

The advantage to the Travel Trailer is that you have the choice of either a Van, SUV, or P'up. You are only limited by what you need to haul with you; a dozen kids, a half-dozen kids or the 4-wheelers!!:D:D

Good luck and welcome to the "Family"!

dc1259

Thanks so much for the help everyone! I hope to be up and running soon.
I look forward to chatting again.
=)
Donna

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Just don't get a TV like this one

3/4 ton 2wd diesel, quad/crew cab pickup, bench seats front and rear, WD hitch and sway control.

Room for the 2 of you, 3-4 grand kids, 2 dachshunds and the ATV.;)

6470# dry.... will be 8000 once you pack it. Yes a 1/2 ton could haul it but you'll be very sad at the gas pump getting 6 mpg. Yes diesel fuel costs a little more but you'll be saving money and people that can't do the math are dumping their diesel trucks right now so you can pick one up fairly reasonable.

My dads Suburban got 6mpg pulling a 20' x 7' wide Haulmark enclosed cartrailer from TX to MI ... EMPTY. He had me tow it back once he loaded it. I was getting 10 - 11 mpg with it loaded.

Truck in my sig gets 11.5 - 13.5(sometimes better) pulling 6000# - 12000# travel trailers and fifth wheels, have gotten 19 pulling a small 16' boat at 70 mph and get 22 - 23 empty consistantly.