Power outlets don't work, not sure why... EDGE M22

MEDEL514

I have lost power in two of the 115v power outlets inside the camper. One is under the sink where the TV plugs into, and the other is the one above the sink underneath the top cabinet. The light right next to it still works fine.

I recently plugged the trailer into an outlet in my garage, and it did spark and blow a house fuse initially. So I reset the house breaker, turned off all camper breakers, plugged in the camper, then reset the camper breakers with no issues. That is until I found these outlets now working.

None of the breakers in the trailer are tripped, and all fuses are good. I'm not sure if these two power outlets have a separate breaker or fuse somewhere? Can anyone help?

jimtoo

Look around and find the GFI protected outlet. Might be in the bathroom or close by. It controls outlets close to any area that could get water in them.

Jim M

Sarge

Check the fuses in your trailer also.

Hopefully its a minor issue and you didn't roast anything before the house fuses popped...

Sarge

Jim.Allison

Cycle the breakers on your rig, then find the GFI push the test button to trip it even if its tripped already, then reset it. Any stray electron will trip that GFI. An outlet under the sink either is a GFI or has a GFI in the circuit before before it probably at another wet location such as the bathroom.

IF you have to go crawling around your rig to chase down a broken circuit, take some wire ties, wire nuts, and a roll of black tape. Check every wire nut and tape them up, and secure the wire. The first time I went behind my basement walls (when installing my solar and inverter, I found wire just dangling there, I found loose wire nuts everywhere. I was shocked! Pun intended.

Good luck

MEDEL514

You guys were right! It was the GFCI breaker in the bathroom! It must be daisy chained to those two outlets. Thanks for the help! I was really stressing something big was wrong, so glad it was an easy fix!