No hot water in my 28BH - any ideas?

Rick32040

Maiden voyage has been great with our new 28 BH 5 ER. One small issue is I can't seem to figure out if there is a cut off valve somewhere under the trailer. I remember reading it somewhere but can't seem to find it yet. Plenty of cold water but can't get any water out of the hot side. Any ideas.

Thanks and take care.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rick, I'm not familiar with the layout or location of your 5th wheel but it sounds like the hot water bypass is open. Locate your hot water heater. There are 2 white hoses connected to it on the backside. There is a hose in between these hoses with a valve. Turn that valve closed and then open the valves on the first 2 hoses. This should hopefully solve your problem. Make sure you have water in the heater before igniting the heater or turning on the electric to the heater.

Rick32040

Ray, first of all thanks for the info and the response. I was able to track down the two valves behind the HWH. They were in the off position (closed). I turned them both on and I am currently waiting on the hot water. To my surprise they are in a very awkward position. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks and take care.

Rick32040

All is good. We have hot water now. Ther are three valves located behind the HWH in our North Trail 28 BH 2009. Two need to be open and one needs to stay closed. This is an issue with the dealer and we discussed it this morning as I finally found the third valve. One lesson I learned is don't take things for granted. My previous two RV's were good to go with all the plumbing and stuff. This time I took it that all was done again and it bit me. I do have one concern and that if these valves are needed to be operated during winterizing up north that getting to these valves in this floor plan will be very difficult.

But all is well in New Smyrna Beach Florida and Ray I want to thank you for your quick response latnight.

Hope everybody has a safe 4th of July.

Take care all.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is this a great forum, or what? I'm sure someone else would have responded if I hadn't. There are many owners here to help. I'm glad my guess was the right one. Enjoy your North Trail. Have a great 4th and stay safe!

buckeyebob

be carefull!!!i had the same experience as you did,so when i openned all the valves indeed i got hot water.however the third valve was for winterizing and sucking atifreez .it worked fine untill i camped at site with out water tap!!!!!i was trying to fill fresh waer tank and when i activated pump it flooded the storage area.make sure the valve is closed to the winterizing hose!!!!!!buckeyebob

Rick32040

I am hoping not to have to change the position of the valves again. They are very hard to get to under the fridge and then back behind the HWH. It was all I could do to reach them. The dealer was real helpful talking me thru it on the phone. He was also very apologetic for not having this done prior to us receiving it. But the way I look at it there was something learnedfrom it. All is great including the weather.

Hoping everybody has a safe and happy 4th .

Take care.