New Rig

Jim_Hull

Well, we finally decided to bite the bullet and replace our SRW F-350 with a DRW. We had just purchased the 2016 SRW 4 months before we decided to trade our 2002 travel trailer and upgrade to a Big Country 4010. I thought we would be okay with the SRW because we had plenty of horses and were a little under the maximum towing capacity.

We towed the BC about 3000 so far this year with the SRW, but if there was a cross wind I was always a little up tight as I knew the trailer was pushing us around. The kicker was when I finally took the rig over a CAT scale and discovered the weight on the rear axle was 600 pounds over the max. So, it was time to start looking. Fortunately, it was good timing with all of the incentives out there right now.

So, below is a picture of our original tow rig and the new one that we picked up last night.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

The SRW had Firestone air bags and I think the DRW will be getting them soon.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That was a lot of trailer for a SRW truck.
Congratulations on the new DRW I bet you can feel a difference rolling down the highway...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! Yes that 4010 is a big long rig. Definitely dually territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim_Hull

Like most folks, I did not like the thought of having to trade a new truck less than a year after buying it. But, our 2 year old granddaughter goes with us on every trip and her safety, plus ours, was paramount. As it turned out, we didn't get hurt too bad in the deal, we ended up with basically the same truck with a longer bed and a couple of extra wheels, but with lots more safety, stability and capacity. All in all a good move I think.

IronJ

I still cannot part with my srw, but I love me some big ol butt dually!!

They do sag a lot in stock form..mine is horrible with no air in bags...the ride is ok, but SO MUCH BETTER with the bags!!

Stock has mucho squat...no bueno

11c1224642e95dec94d66b1216140323.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Bones

Jim, Nice looking truck. From your pictures it does not look like you need air bags.

- - - Updated - - -

I still cannot part with my srw, but I love me some big ol butt dually!!

They do sag a lot in stock form..mine is horrible with no air in bags...the ride is ok, but SO MUCH BETTER with the bags!!

Stock has mucho squat...no bueno

11c1224642e95dec94d66b1216140323.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ stop showing your tow vehicle. I really like the front bumper and I want one. Just kidding about showing pictures. Show away.

Jim_Hull

Oregon, same to you. They really shine in the sun, don't they. As for the bags, it seemed to ride a little higher in the front than I like. For whatever reason, Ford's want to sag a lot under load from the factory.

travlingman

Oregon, same to you. They really shine in the sun, don't they. As for the bags, it seemed to ride a little higher in the front than I like. For whatever reason, Ford's want to sag a lot under load from the factory.

If you check I bet you will be surprised by how much it sags. Probably around 1 1/2" is all. The Ford duallies don't have their back ends jacked up like the other brands and are level when unloaded. This was discussed on another forum and the owner found it was more of an optical allusion than sagging. Mine drops around 1 3/4" and the front raises about 1/2". It looks like your camper is fairly level.

By the way, great looking new ride. Dually makes a big difference in handling when towing as you will see.

Jim_Hull

Oregon,

i had those on the SRW and they are already on the way for this one. Great minds and all . . .