To cover or not

nurseguy

Hi,
I am brand new to this site so please forgive me if this is an old question. I live in Florida and just bought a new 24 foot travel trailer to replace one which had extensive water damage from a leaking roof. I was told by someone at the dealership that I should not put a cover on the trailer because it will trap heat and moisture inside and cause damage to the interior.
Any thoughts and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

danemayer

Hi nurseguy,

Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure they'll jump in quickly to give you the benefit of their experience.

Jim.Allison

The answer to this question can be answered by both the cover manufacturers claims. Just check their website, some materials breath, and manufacturers use it for that exact reason. BUT at the same time you can post what you find and members will chime in about their personal experience with specific products. I know I'm interested in this thread and cant wait to see what is posted. Meanwhile you should research the various products out there and remember youTube is a great source of information about these products.

Sarge

Hi,
I am brand new to this site so please forgive me if this is an old question. I live in Florida and just bought a new 24 foot travel trailer to replace one which had extensive water damage from a leaking roof. I was told by someone at the dealership that I should not put a cover on the trailer because it will trap heat and moisture inside and cause damage to the interior.
Any thoughts and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

I decided against a cover for a few reasons:

1) PITA to put on and remove.
2) Damage to corners and edges from wind flapping the cover against the rig.
3) Storage of cover when not on rig.

Sarge

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Ours is stored inside. If we didn't have that option I would seriously consider this as an option. It greatly reduces the chance of damage due to wind chaffing, doors and window openings can be added and it is vented.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
And don't forget about those little water eves on each corner of most new trailers (as seen sticking out in the shot below). . .

They don't like covers very well.

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010708.jpg

hoefler

Most covers don't last more than 2 or 3 years, depending on the weather, particularly the wind. For the cost of 2 or 3 covers, you can purchase a carport.

donr827

Be sure to check the weight of the cover you are considering purchasing. They can really be tough getting onto the roof and put in place properly.
Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wouldn't cover it in a wet or humid environment

Or a windy environment, either.

One of my neighbors went through two covers on his 5th-wheeler in one winter before he decided to quit using them after they both got ripped to shreds by the wind.

Lynn1130

A cover just seems like a hugh PITA. I like simple. The fewer steps in getting under motion or storing the happier I am.

GTFan

Covers are a huge pain in the can, you're so right. They're heavy too! In seven years we began going through one $500 cover each year for three years, then finally bought a Cal-Mark cover for the full body paint on the motorhome. The coach was parked in the worst situation possible where the winter wind gusts of 40 to 50mph could get up under the back of the coach and under the cover. During the summer it was located on the south side of the house where the sun fades everything. We had no issues with the last cover and when we sold the coach last month the cover went with it. The cover was expensive but saved the paint from sun, Canada Geese and Ol' Man Winter.:D

Hello New to the forum
Can anyone tell me if there is a storage cover available for a Lakeview LV41BH??
here are tge dimentions

20799447_10155668715284626_8062954898279092956_n.jpg