Potential Campout or Rally - June 9-11, 2017

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I posted this in the 2017 Goshen National Rally Discussion thread a few days ago
"To my fellow HOC members traveling the I80, I79, I76 corridor from the northeast east or southeast on their way to Goshen...Nancy & I are planning to make the trip and arrive Goshen Monday 6/12. Prior to then we are going to stop off for the weekend at Pymatuning State Park near Jamestown PA on the Ohio line. I just checked and there are many, many open sites for that weekend, specifically 82 pet friendly sites. In the very near future I will be booking one of those sites. Once completed I'll post the dates and the site number in this thread. Regardless whether you're planning to go to the national rally or not, if you're free that weekend do join us, book a site! http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/pymatuning/index.htm"
As Nancy and I are not planning to partake in the pre rally events, as this will be our first national rally, it's not to say we won't leave home early and take our time to make Goshen.
So as I said above, anyone heading that way or with the weekend free, reserve a site. At the very least we'll have us a Campout or if enough folks signup Nancy and I will throw together something and have a HOC sponsored rally!
BTW- I've signed us up to arrive on 6/8 on Site 242.
Anyone else??

Mercer, Site 242, 8th
Walker, Site 241, 9th
Fredrickson, Site 239, 9th
Loebrich, Site 208, 8th
Summers, Site 252
Mike B, Site 237
Kline, Site 247

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Sounds good to us. Have to look for a layover on the way to Goshen, why not stay at a place with friends.

Arrive Friday June 9
Departing Sunday June 11
Site 241

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds like a good idea Lyle even though we are still a long ways out Sharon and I will keep you in mind as we work out the details for Goshen even though I'm not a big fan on state parks I say why not we will keep you posted what we decide as we get closer to the date. We can chat more about it this weekend at lake George see you then.

travelin2

Sounds like a good idea Lyle even though we are still a long ways out Sharon and I will keep you in mind as we work out the details for Goshen even though I'm not a big fan on state parks I say why not we will keep you posted what we decide as we get closer to the date. We can chat more about it this weekend at lake George see you then.

Ok. It's what we are going to do so I threw it out there. Never now how it works out. Just keep in mind the the method to reserve a site is out of my hands.
See you in few days! We're leaving tomorrow and staying in a SP in the Poconos on the way up actually. We like most public campgrounds for many reasons. Talk soon.

travelin2

Add Dan & Mary Loebrich to the list!! J208, coming in on the 8th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lyle, we changed our site. We are now in 239. We need those full hookups!

travelin2

NICE!!

LOL. With a 14 year old daughter who can fill a gray tank on her own, we opted for the full hookups also.

FHU are becoming more common at public CG's these days. We enjoy public CG's for a number of reasons. At many electric is available at all sites if not water too. Good for stopovers of several nights.
Jamie-soon you'll be Madison-less

JWalker

Looks like there is 14 full hookup sites in that area. Well.....now there's 12.

travelin2

We were at a COE CG a few weeks ago. W/E on our site but the sites further back up the hill had sewer too. You know what they say...stuff only runs downhill !!

travelin2

Make that 11...:) We're in 252! Great idea Lyle & Nancy!

Hooray. Soon going to have formally declare this a rally!!!
Currently at Promised Land SP in the Poconos on our way to the NY rally at Lake George
2aa7e002c869deed411c21968536dcec.jpg

JWalker

Well, we need to discuss the most important thing about a camping trip. Food! The Walkers will be bringing a grill and a case of hamburgers.

travelin2

just checked...there are still 22 sites open for this weekend in loop J200 plus many others in other campground loops!
regardless of your national rally plans, we can still have a good time over this pre-Goshen weekend.

Last edited: