Parking / Storage Location

tott9713

New to the RV world and was curious if anyone sees an issue with storing my Prowler on the slight incline I have in the side yard. Picture attached.IMG_1907.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Congrats on the new Prowler . . . you are going to love it!

You shouldn't have any problems parking it there.

We keep ours next to our garage when not in use, although I do level it up

In the non-winter months we leave the slides out and use it frequently as an extra room to get away from it all!

ProwlerMaxxAirAllDone-P1010896.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010708.jpg

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010701.jpg

Oregon_Camper

WOW!!! I WISH I had space like that to store my trailer...:(

I don't see any issue with parking it like that, but if I were you I would use the space behind the trailer and make a concrete (or gravel) space for the trailer. I'm not a fan of leaving the trailer in wet/muddy locations. I'm sure it would be fine, but I'm just a bit on the overkill side of things. :)

tott9713

Yeah you have my exact thoughts. I had an oak tree taken down to open this spot up and wanted to experiment for the first time getting it down in there. My plan is to use this for long term storage. Throughout the season I can leave it in my drive way or on the street as a last resort but looking for somewhere to park it when I need it out of the way long term.

Im thinking about building a rail road tie style box and backfilling it to bring it a tad more level and then some stone on top. Obviously this may not be the best spot leading up to a trip as I haven't experimented with the refrigerator operation yet. Thanks for the input so far.

tott9713

It would be better to have it more level when running the reefer.

Definitely agree...Im leaning on using this as my winter parking spot so my driveway remains clear for snowing clearing and easy parking for personal & work vehicles. Gets a little crowded leaving it in the driveway.

RGVan

I will have to agree that parking on gravel is much better than on dirt/possible mud
No sure about your area but out my way we have a huge problem with mice and rats loving to move into your trailer for the winter with a new supply of wires to chew Gravel will help slow this down.

Mattman

I was told by a few people that Dirt and rubber don't mix. I back mine slightly off my turn around in the winter and make sure I have something between. Like you I want to add the gravel /concrete pad for more level and protection. I will try to do that this fall if hunting seasson dosent get in the way. ��

tott9713

Congrats on the new Prowler . . . you are going to love it!

You shouldn't have any problems parking it there.

We keep ours next to our garage when not in use, although I do level it up

In the non-winter months we leave the slides out and use it frequently as an extra room to get away from it all!

View attachment 47598 View attachment 47600

View attachment 47599

Thanks JohnD...Been a great addition so far. There don't seem to be too many Prowler owners active on the forum. Good to hear from ya. Take care

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks JohnD...Been a great addition so far. There don't seem to be too many Prowler owners active on the forum.

Well, then you can help me here by being an active poster here, and think about joining the Heartland Owner's Club and going to some rallies.

:cool:

You'll have a lot of fun and meet a bunch of new friends!

We are going to a Colorado HOC Rally this coming weekend in Colorado Springs, and in October we'll be the only Heartland Prowler at the Heartland Owner's Club National Rally in Las Vegas!

Then the Prowler will be parked for the winter, except for a two week winter trip to Lake Havasu, AZ for (you guessed it) another Heartland Owner's Club Rally!

We've had our Prowler for about a year and a half and so far we love it!

Sure we've had some issues and are still working some of them out, but most of them have been fairly minor problems.

As others have mentioned, if you plan on running the fridge, then you should make sure that the trailer is level as not being level can not only damage the refrigerator, but could also cause a fire.