Sleep Number Bed

BigGuy82

Does anyone out there have one of these very expensive mattresses? If so what do you think of it?

Mburtsvt

We have had one at home for years..so it was a easy decision to add one when we got our Landmark. Even with the king bed upgrade in the Landmark it's still tight to get around the bed. I'm not changing the firmness setting as much as I use to. 60 is my sweet spot. As far as recommending them to other people - I like mine. It's hard to tell people that this is the end all in sleep comfort, but for my wife and I - we love it.

We to have had one in our home for years...it was also the first upgrade to our 30 rkdd after one weekend on the mattress that it came with.

danemayer

I think several owners have purchased one from Camping World when they go on sale - don't know when that is but I'm sure someone will chime in.

wehavefun

Camping world had the best price when we were shopping. We love it so much we will be purchasing another for home.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Crumgater

We have one in the house. I like it. [I also loved my water bed, but had to let it go so DH could get better back & neck support.] The one we have in the house does all the articulating head/toe stuff, which is nice sometimes. I like that I can dial down the number for a soft mattress, while DH can dial up for a firmer fit on his side only. Very customizable, and not at all like a memory foam (memory foam gave me a horrendous back ache).

If we ever need to get a new mattress for the Elkridge, I'd push for a sleep number. The mattress it came with is pretty comfy for me, though, so no need - yet.

Mrsfish

On our 2nd one. This one has all the bells and whistles but not sure I would do that again. Will definitely put one in the rig when the current (replaced the oem mattress 2 years ago) mattress is no longer comfortable.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We had a sleep number in our house. When we decided to go full-time, we took it with us. We absolutely love it. We didn't go hog wild with all the bells and whistles though. I think ours is about the third level up from the basic. We do find that if we are making major altitude changes, we need to adjust the pressure before we go to bed. Some will tell you that you need to air down the mattress prior to elevation changes...purely a myth.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Camping world sells an exclusive "DreamAire" Bed, which is made by Select Comfort for Camping World.

We had a queen Sleep Number Bed from Camping World in our ElkRidge. It was the basic model, one wireless remote, but no "save" settings. Just the ability to change the setting.

When we changed rigs, we told the dealer to take the original mattress, and we moved our queen to the new Big Country, even though it had a king platform. We slept on that about a month, thinking we would cut the platform down. Instead we decided to upgrade to a King "DreamAire" from Camping World, as they had them on sale for under $1K. It has the same warranty, etc. as the Sleep Number Beds. The wireless remote has a "save" feature to save the left or right setting, and an auto-fill to 100. We think it's a little more supportive than the queen we had before.

Are "air adjustable" beds right for you? Can't say. Try one out in a store, then consider the "DreamAire", to save some money.

Erika

Rhyph

We too like many had one in the house, it lasted nearly 15 years before the side rails broke down, and we could have replaced them at that point but the pillow top was also showing some real wear. During our ownership we had to replace the memory foam pad that was just below the pillow top twice, and the center "rail" foam that helps with the "void" once. We never had any pump or controller problems. We did not replace it with another when the time came a couple years ago, because we've been part-timing it more on the road and loved the hybrid memory foam Denver mattress that came in our Bighorn. We found a pretty nice hybrid Serta hybrid mattress and put that in the house.

When we disposed of the Bighorn, we took that mattress with us and put it in the Road Warrior (swapped mattresses). If we had to replace the Denver mattress today, we would without hesitation go back to a Sleep Number mattress. So, another vote of confidence on it from us.

sjandbj

We have sleep number beds in the house, both the guest and master, and also in the Big Country. The one in the Big Country was taken from our old rig and is 13 years old. We have had no trouble with any of then but have had to replace the memory foam in the pillow top once. I would recommend them. They are expensive though.

Mizmary

Buyer beware... I would buy it from camping world if I were you! I have heard wonderful things about them, and we even bought one, but we never received it. We purchased it, and it didn't show up in time for the 2 week delivery, 2 months later we had to cancel our order because we were paying interest on a mattress we didn't have. Trying to get a hold of customer service was a disaster - waited on hold for hours, several times. The facebook page was slammed at that time with people who were being promised deliveries, had gotten rid of their mattresses, and no delivery showed up. That seems to have slowed some, but there are still several similar complaints. I wish we had gone to camping world and bought it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Buyer beware... I would buy it from camping world if I were you! I have heard wonderful things about them, and we even bought one, but we never received it. We purchased it, and it didn't show up in time for the 2 week delivery, 2 months later we had to cancel our order because we were paying interest on a mattress we didn't have. Trying to get a hold of customer service was a disaster - waited on hold for hours, several times. The facebook page was slammed at that time with people who were being promised deliveries, had gotten rid of their mattresses, and no delivery showed up. That seems to have slowed some, but there are still several similar complaints. I wish we had gone to camping world and bought it.

Read warranty & return policy carefully, as I don't know if you can return a used mattress even to Camping World.

In both cases I ordered ours online from Camping World. Came via UPS, I think. Very large box.
bce04f5afd9c7333fb103d8af5a5e4d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk