1500 truck gross combination ratings

Mattman

Help me out guys. I can. Never Find this info online about new trucks. Just the tow rating. But not the gross combination rating. My in laws both be retiring fully after the new year. They are talking about getting a class B motor home so they can go and stay with all there kids from time to time. They all ready live in Florida. So not like there going to be staying down there in the winter in it. I want to talk them into a small travel trailer. But want to back it with 1/2 ton towable? Question is am I correct. I used that calculator for my 09 Yukon XL and it was pushing the limits on my old Mini Lite I had based on the combined rating. So what is a real combination rating for these and how heavy of a trailer would it handel? I think they are partial to Fords then Chevy's. One of the children does live out side of Seattle. So they might end up headed out that way a few times. If they do I would really push them towards diesel even towing a small trailer. But not sure they want to spend that kinda money. I know some of you guys are good with this stuff. So what do you have for me.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: