Road Warrior 427

dlbushey

My wife and I have been researching Toy Haulers for about 4 years now. We have FINALLY found a brand and floor plan we both agree on and plan to purchase a Road Warrior 427...hopefully at our local (MARVAC) RV show this fall. However, we certainly want to see and tour a 427 before making our final decision.

Our local Heartland dealer (40 miles away) only has a 2016 model on the lot. I have heard that the 2017s have different standard features. However, I'm sure the price of the '16 would be a bit more reasonable. My question is this: What are the differences? I need to know what they are to decide if the difference in price is worth it to us. Does anyone have a reference where I could compare features side by side? Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Dlbushey and welcome to this great forum. You will find a lot of good useful information here.
I suggest that you call the factory and ask for the Road Warrior sales department. Ask your specific questions there.
You may be able to ask about a tour of the factory as it is not too far from your location.
Hope to see you in a new RW soon.
And don't forget to check out the Heartland Owners Club after your purchase.
Heartland 574-262-5992.

Peace
Dave

Poobah

. Hi dlbushey. my wife and I are also looking at the 427...went to lakeshore rv in Michigan o look at one because the website said the had one in stock. they didn't. we would like to see one as well.

LBR

We were in the same dilemma trying to find the TH of our choice to walk thru first, but to no avail as there isn't many of them around. We are hoping it is what we want....if not, we'll make do with it. It is suppose to be built the end of this month...counting the days!

Taralr

My wife and I have been researching Toy Haulers for about 4 years now. We have FINALLY found a brand and floor plan we both agree on and plan to purchase a Road Warrior 427...hopefully at our local (MARVAC) RV show this fall. However, we certainly want to see and tour a 427 before making our final decision.

Our local Heartland dealer (40 miles away) only has a 2016 model on the lot. I have heard that the 2017s have different standard features. However, I'm sure the price of the '16 would be a bit more reasonable. My question is this: What are the differences? I need to know what they are to decide if the difference in price is worth it to us. Does anyone have a reference where I could compare features side by side? Thanks in advance!

We did just the same research on the 427's 2016 vs the 2017 models. Biggest difference we could find was the fireplace added in the 2017's, plus 2 extra window's above the kitchen counter (so 3 instead of just one). Also, because of those two extra windows the outside double awning configuration is a bit different - 2016's the double awnings are closer together, whereas the 2017's double awnings have a large gap between (over the kitchen windows). Other than that, they seem pretty identical...

TomNRae

I was going to offer to let you all tour our 2017 but then I realized Colorado may be a bit far to travel to tour one! Having the extra windows in the kitchen is nice as it does help let extra light in when you're stuck somewhere you can't use the side patio.

Oh, and we love our fireplace! Even when it's not cold outside we turn it on (non-heat mode) to make the place feel more homey. Definitely a nice added touch when you're full timing in it.

dmorilla

Hello All, I am new to this forum, but would like to comment on the 2017 Road Warrior 427. I was just at the Pomona, CA Rv Show and they have one for display. One of the nice features I noticed was a totally new redesign oven/stove. It is not longer the old rv oven/stove you find on most rvs. The oven is glass and it looks more like a residential oven/stove. Which makes it more homey. The only thing I didn't like is the placement of the TV in the living room. It is nice and big, but they have it way to high. You will need to be on a recliner mode all the time in order to watch tv. But overall it is a very nice unit. My wife is in love with it, and we are inclined to buy one if we don't find anything else more suitable.

MikeM24

Just a little bio...
We just bought a 21FBRS TT last year (2016), and love it for the weekends, and occasional week-trips. We are a couple looking to move to FL, getting out of our home, and living full-time in an RV.
Been looking for weeks, and going to shows when available.

Found the ONE! The Road Warrior 427 takes the cake. Love the floor plan. The only things that I would like to see, (if not already there) 1. A swing-arm for the TV in the living room. Sitting at that angle from the TV could be a little better.
Q.. Does it have one already?

The next is, the entry steps. Are the Aluminum versions available as an option?

Other than those two things, (not deal-breakers), this model works the best for us...

Those of you that already own one, please do tell..... How do you like its quality?
Also, being that we plan on living in Dunedin, FL. Do the A/C's keep up with the heat? We do not like "ice-cold" just to keep it around 75 inside will suffice.

The Loft, side patio, TV placement, Garage size with 1/2 batch, and washer/dryer prep, 6-point leveler, king bed, 2-entry bathroom, dresser, etc.. all came into play, and were the deciding factors. The 427 has them all!
The side patio idea came to us on our searches for the perfect 5th wheel. Did not know it existed at first, then saw them. Now it becomes a requirement. Funny how that works.
It will be her sun-deck, and relaxing spot. as would be mine when we want to sit together outdoors, without having to be on the ground. Just in case of fire ants, and such.
The loft will be her attic. Not much stuff, but she can put some stuff there.

I will use the rear deck for my stuff, and guitar, computer stuff, my repair shop for Computers, networking, mobile device repairs,etc. Also of course the inside garage.
Q: Does anyone have one that is wired for networks? An ethernet jack in each room would be awesome! I don't like to rely fully on wireless.
I plan on using my movie server in here, and will use a wired network for it. If I need to, I will certainly wire it myself.

Also, the out-door accessible trash pale! Such a simple, but awesome idea.- No walking thorough the house with drippy, smelly garbage! Love this idea!

We have a scooter, and a Gold-Wing, which we use often. It has to go with us, and the Garage becomes my shop and office. This is the best idea, and set-up we could find.

I have a few remote-controlled airplanes, and a truck, and boat (r/c).
Q: Is the motorized bed in the garage the type where it can be stopped at any level during it's vertical travel?? (I was hoping to put the planes and wings on the bed, and lifting it up to where they will be safe, out of the way, but not get crushed, obviously.)

Any input would be great. Purchase date will be about 3 years. We have to get ready to sell the house, and kids getting old enough to be on their own.

Jv75353

Just a little bio...
We just bought a 21FBRS TT last year (2016), and love it for the weekends, and occasional week-trips. We are a couple looking to move to FL, getting out of our home, and living full-time in an RV.
Been looking for weeks, and going to shows when available.

Found the ONE! The Road Warrior 427 takes the cake. Love the floor plan. The only things that I would like to see, (if not already there) 1. A swing-arm for the TV in the living room. Sitting at that angle from the TV could be a little better.
Q.. Does it have one already?

The next is, the entry steps. Are the Aluminum versions available as an option?

Other than those two things, (not deal-breakers), this model works the best for us...

Those of you that already own one, please do tell..... How do you like its quality?
Also, being that we plan on living in Dunedin, FL. Do the A/C's keep up with the heat? We do not like "ice-cold" just to keep it around 75 inside will suffice.

The Loft, side patio, TV placement, Garage size with 1/2 batch, and washer/dryer prep, 6-point leveler, king bed, 2-entry bathroom, dresser, etc.. all came into play, and were the deciding factors. The 427 has them all!
The side patio idea came to us on our searches for the perfect 5th wheel. Did not know it existed at first, then saw them. Now it becomes a requirement. Funny how that works.
It will be her sun-deck, and relaxing spot. as would be mine when we want to sit together outdoors, without having to be on the ground. Just in case of fire ants, and such.
The loft will be her attic. Not much stuff, but she can put some stuff there.

I will use the rear deck for my stuff, and guitar, computer stuff, my repair shop for Computers, networking, mobile device repairs,etc. Also of course the inside garage.
Q: Does anyone have one that is wired for networks? An ethernet jack in each room would be awesome! I don't like to rely fully on wireless.
I plan on using my movie server in here, and will use a wired network for it. If I need to, I will certainly wire it myself.

Also, the out-door accessible trash pale! Such a simple, but awesome idea.- No walking thorough the house with drippy, smelly garbage! Love this idea!

We have a scooter, and a Gold-Wing, which we use often. It has to go with us, and the Garage becomes my shop and office. This is the best idea, and set-up we could find.

I have a few remote-controlled airplanes, and a truck, and boat (r/c).
Q: Is the motorized bed in the garage the type where it can be stopped at any level during it's vertical travel?? (I was hoping to put the planes and wings on the bed, and lifting it up to where they will be safe, out of the way, but not get crushed, obviously.)

Any input would be great. Purchase date will be about 3 years. We have to get ready to sell the house, and kids getting old enough to be on their own.

i have a Cyclone so I can only answer your question regarding the motorized bed in the garage. The upper bed can be stopped at any level in it's vertical travel. We use this bed for storage when we travel since we typically do not need the extra bed space. We do carry an inflatable mattress for the few times we do need it when the grandkids are with us. If you plan on carrying some r/c items up there make sure they are secured sufficiently to prevent movement, but not cause any damage to them items on that bed tend to move around when your going down the road.

LBR

We also have a CY with the double Happi-jacks in the garage and yes, you can drop them to any level...Lots of storage with 4 tiers to stuff things into....They are our extra 120 sq. ft. of storage area.

As they came adjusted from the factory, when raised all the way up, the top bunks to ceiling allows up to 8" high items to be stored and we can put 4" high things between the lower bed and upper bunk bottom.

When parked, we drop them down to barely clear my head, and gain all that room to use daily...You will love your garage's Happi-jack storage system!

MikeM24

i have a Cyclone so I can only answer your question regarding the motorized bed in the garage. The upper bed can be stopped at any level in it's vertical travel. We use this bed for storage when we travel since we typically do not need the extra bed space. We do carry an inflatable mattress for the few times we do need it when the grandkids are with us. If you plan on carrying some r/c items up there make sure they are secured sufficiently to prevent movement, but not cause any damage to them items on that bed tend to move around when your going down the road.

Ah, great one! Thanks! I think that was the only real question I needed answered. The other thoughts are pretty much answered by looking. But knowing that when I am at a campsite, which will be 99% of the time anyway, as we plan to live full-time in it. The bed being a storage area out of the way is a big plus.

Thank you .

TxRoadWarrior362

Have you looked at the Road Warrior 362? L shaped bunks make for great storage or beds for kids. Slide on slide is awesome, and feels like a condo. Happi-Jack beds in the garage with third ac is awesome. Just saying.....:cool::cool: