Refrigerator propane hose pinched

DougS

Doug S
The refrigerator in our Bighorn 3160 does not always switch to propane when there is no shore power. Propane works when the wall is out, but not when the wall is pulled in. Seems like the propane hose becomes pinched when the wall is pulled in. Tomorrow I will try to adjust or relocate the propane hose.
Has anyone else had a problem with the propane hose pinching, and if so, how was it corrected.

Jim.Allison

I had the pinched hose on my 2014 BC. Found it repaired it and now every thing works when the slider is in. The hose was badly damaged and was somewhat restricted with the slide outs in teh out position, but they would crimp when the slide out were in.

Grizpaul

Doug, it sounds like you have the same issue we had with our 3010re. To identity the problem, we followed the rubber propane hose to its end where it is attached with an elbow to the upright metal pipe. We found that the problem was with the elbow's orientation which was toward the rear of the coach. This resulted in the rubber hose having a 180 degree bend that would get pinched closed when the slide was brought in, thus preventing propane flow. We simply turned the elbow 180 degrees so that the elbow was facing forward toward the front of the coach, and so preventing the hose from pinching shut when the slide was brought in.

Mrsfish

Doug, it sounds like you have the same issue we had with our 3010re. To identity the problem, we followed the rubber propane hose to its end where it is attached with an elbow to the upright metal pipe. We found that the problem was with the elbow's orientation which was toward the rear of the coach. This resulted in the rubber hose having a 180 degree bend that would get pinched closed when the slide was brought in, thus preventing propane flow. We simply turned the elbow 180 degrees so that the elbow was facing forward toward the front of the coach, and so preventing the hose from pinching shut when the slide was brought in.

ditto

DougS

Doug S
Thanks for the replies, I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow. I was getting dark when I discovered the problem.

DougS

Doug S
Thanks again for the replies. Today I turned the propane hose fitting 150-160°, tested the wall, kink is gone and the refrigerator now works with the walls in.

kdog21

I have the opposite situation, my propane doesn't work with slideout out. stove, fridge and water heater don't work. hose seems to run in floor of the slideout, I can't see any of it. they all work with slideout in.

wdk450

I have the opposite situation, my propane doesn't work with slideout out. stove, fridge and water heater don't work. hose seems to run in floor of the slideout, I can't see any of it. they all work with slideout in.
KDog21: It will help if you identify your Model/Year of Heartland RV. On most rigs, the water heater is NOT in the slide, and the propane supply to it should not be affected by slide movement. So you are saying that your stove and refrig DEFINITELY supply propane with the kitchen slide in? I personally have not lit my stove with the kitchen slide in. In any case, I would look under the slide at the flexible propane supply hose for possible kinking when the propane does not seem to work.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Kdog21, I had the same problem as you have. Crawl under the slide and locate the flex track where the slack in the hoses and wires are attached. Follow the rubber LP hose to the exterior wall of the slide. You will find that it is connected to a brass elbow that needs to be turned a little to relieve the stress. The hose is being pinched and eventually breaks down and kinks off. If you are still under warranty, your dealer should replace this hose. If you are out of warranty, you can go to a propane store or hose store and have them make a new one for you or you could call Heartland Customer Service and ask them to make it right. Have your VIN ready.