Different GVWR on the same model with same axles?

SeanDH76

Hello,
I've just purchased a 2016 Torque T29 with 5200 lb axles. My GVWR is listed at 9999 lbs with a max cargo capacity of 2166. The exact same 2017 T29 with 5200 lb axles is rated at 11520 GVWR with 3781 max cargo capacity. Can you please fill me in on why my 2016 is so much lower? Right off the bat I should be AT LEAST 10400 based on the axles and then even more weight extra based on the weight that will be transfered to the hitch. Did I get the wrong sticker on my trailer. I have photos of the weight stickers I can email if need be. Also I can shoot you my VIN if necessary. Thanks in advance!

Sean

danemayer

Hi SeanDH76,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

For questions like this, you might be better off to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

It's very likely something was changed in the 2017 design, aside from the label. GVWR is based on a number of factors, not just axles and pin. But if it's a label problem, calling will get you the answer.

SeanDH76

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe the frame did change in 2017 allowing for a high GVWR? Man I'm gonna be a little bummed if thats the case. I can always use more carrying capacity... I think I will call and find out. Thanks again,
Sean