Help finding Warranty Work Shop

TomNRae

So we bought our 2017 Road Warrior at the very beginning of August. Within a week we were calling Camping World back because we had been mis-informed about what our package included and we wanted to see what our options were to get the items we need (underbelly heaters). While we know it's our fault for not double checking everything the sales person told us, they have been slow to respond, only responding after my husband calls/emails them daily for weeks. We're not even asking them to do anything for free, we're willing to pay to have the heaters installed, we just need someone to call us back so we can decide if we're going to have them install them or just order the parts from them and have my husband install them.

With all of the issues we're already having with CW, I'm extremely nervous to take in our rig for warranty work as we are living in here full-time. We can't afford to pay for them to have the unit forever (as others have experienced) and we definitely can't afford to have them not do a good job, or not call us back. Can anyone recommend a quality repair shop in Colorado that we may be able to contact to inquire about the warranty work?

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi TomNRae,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure some of our Colorado members will have some advice for you on who you can turn to for warranty work. You might also give Heartland a call - call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Tank heating pads can be installed in the field by removing the coroplast underbelly. Difficulty varies depending on whether any of your holding tanks are stacked. While the coroplast is down, you'll want to also have heat tape and insulation put on the fresh tank water feed line, and the kitchen water lines.

Take a look at our Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for help on keeping the water running in the winter in Colorado.

rjr6150

So we bought our 2017 Road Warrior at the very beginning of August. Within a week we were calling Camping World back because we had been mis-informed about what our package included and we wanted to see what our options were to get the items we need (underbelly heaters). While we know it's our fault for not double checking everything the sales person told us, they have been slow to respond, only responding after my husband calls/emails them daily for weeks. We're not even asking them to do anything for free, we're willing to pay to have the heaters installed, we just need someone to call us back so we can decide if we're going to have them install them or just order the parts from them and have my husband install them.

With all of the issues we're already having with CW, I'm extremely nervous to take in our rig for warranty work as we are living in here full-time. We can't afford to pay for them to have the unit forever (as others have experienced) and we definitely can't afford to have them not do a good job, or not call us back. Can anyone recommend a quality repair shop in Colorado that we may be able to contact to inquire about the warranty work?

Thanks!

TomNRae
Give D&M Mobil repair a call. They do both onsite and mobil service. Also approved by HL for warranty repair. If you call will most likely speak with Mariann wife of the owner Don. Phone is 970-461-2424.

Have worked on our rig rig three times twice in warranty and once out. Great shop and techs. Check out my reviews on RV service reviews.com

If you call tell them Randy says hi.

wdk450

I know this is going to sound like endless repetition to all of the long time forum members, But I HIGHLY recommend finding an INDEPENDENT RV repairer (No Sales Involvement). They depend on quickly fixing things to get your payment quickly, doing the job right so you want to give them more of your repair work (and give them word of mouth advertising for your RVing friends). They DON'T depend on RV Sales for most of their business income, like the dealers.
Check RVServiceReviews.com for more suggestions.

danemayer

If you use a non-Heartland dealer or independent shop, prior approval from Heartland is required. Heartland is typically very flexible about authorizing servicers - it's mostly to ensure you're dealing with someone who has appropriate qualifications.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you are confident working with a little electrical wiring, and ok with working laying on you back under the rig, then you can install the heating pads yourself. We did it on our ElkRidge back in 2011, and will likely do it again sometime on our new Big Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjr6150

I know this is going to sound like endless repetition to all of the long time forum members, But I HIGHLY recommend finding an INDEPENDENT RV repairer (No Sales Involvement). They depend on quickly fixing things to get your payment quickly, doing the job right so you want to give them more of your repair work (and give them word of mouth advertising for your RVing friends). They DON'T depend on RV Sales for most of their business income, like the dealers.
Check RVServiceReviews.com for more suggestions.

Bill total agreement. It's why I use D&M. They get it in and back out no BS'ng around.

Lynn1130

Keep in mind that their are a few more hoops to jump through using a shop that you find and have authorized. Mine made the calls to Heartland to get authorization for repairs but I had to pay up-front and submit the bill to Heartland and they sent the check to me. Not a big issue but something to be aware of should they require that of you.

TomNRae

Yeah, we can install the pads ourselves. My husband did it himself on our little Passport years ago, but we have some fresh water coming from somewhere in the underbelly already, so we figure since it's going to have to go in and have the underbelly taken off it would be nice to just get it all done at once. Thanks for the recommendation of a trusted shop and the review website!! I've saved the review websites as favorites in case we need one when we're on the road.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Which Camping World did you get your RV from . . . Golden or Longmont?

While Camping World may be a good place to buy an RV and RV supplies, they are infamous for offering bad service.

I wouldn't ever take your RV there for service.

We have not had very good luck with either of the dealerships we bought both of our Heartland products from (in Longmont and Loveland).

However, now that LazyDays RV has taken over the RV America dealerships in Loveland, Longmont and Aurora, perhaps their service has gotten better.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Windish RV . . . they have a shop in both Longmont and Denver!