Remote doesn't work

Dusty

Scott,

The remote for my AC/Furnace has suddenly stopped working. On the last outing, it forked fine. When I tried to turn the furnace on last night, nothing. I get no lights on the receiver either. I cant get anything by pushing the buttons on the receiver either. I checked the breakers and also the 20 amp fuse, but all seems to be in order. Any suggestions? Can I get the warrenty to replace the remote with a regular thermostat type?

Thanks in advance

Dusty

Scott

A/c

Dusty,
It sounds like maybe the fuse in the upper unit has blown. There is a fuse in the ceiling unit that controls the remote sensor as well. If this is blown, then nothing will work. I am pretty sure that you need to get up on the roof and remove the cover the A/C unit to check this (and/or replace it) - but you can call Dometic at 800.216.5115 and talk to one of their service technicians to be sure.
And, no, I'm sorry, but we would not be able to switch your system from remote to a wall thermostat under warranty. If that was something you were interested in doing on your own, you could, but the systems in your coach was remote and when we get this fuse or whatever it is that is causing the problem right now, it will be working properly again.

ST

Scott

Remote

Dusty,
Oh - and just in case you haven't - did you check the battery in the remote? That could be the rascal in this case as well.

ST

Dusty

Thanks for the prompt reply Scott, yeah I checked the batteries in the remote first thing. I will take a look at the fuse. It has to be something simple like that because it worked fine less than 2 weeks ago. I will call Dometic and get some advice before I proceed.

Dusty

Gary F

I've had this same issue and fixed it by removing the air intake grille and disconnecting the "RJ type" wire connector from the A/C heat controller and then reconnecting it.

The wire I'm referring to is the one that runs from the remote receiver that is mounted on the A/C grille shroud, to the controller mentioned above. The connector is similar to a telephone wire connector. This is a simple operation once you take a peak at the inside of your unit.

After I physically moved the receiver from the shroud to the ceiling panel I no longer experienced a problem with the unit going inoperative.

The wire lead provided is looped up inside the unit and can easily be rerouted through one of the roof joist so that you can relocate the receiver. After you relocate the receiver you will need to replace the shroud because of the two mounting screw holes left behind from the remote receiver.

I called Dometic and they mailed out a new shroud at n/c to me.

Hope this helps.

Gary F

Dusty

Thanks for the info Gary, I will give that a try on my days off. I wish I had an air conditioner with the old fashion thermostat. If i ever have to replace this one, I will go with the old fashion way.

Dusty

Dusty

Ok,

Took my coach to my dealer and they found a 12 volt wire that had came loose. Fixed it and a couple of other small issues and I had my coach back the next day. The People at ExploreUSA in Kyle Texas are awesome.

Dusty

Dusty

I logged on to Dometics web side and while klugging in there, I found a two page instruction on how the remote is supposed to work and a guide for working it. it is pretty neat.

Dusty

jbeletti

Dusty,

Download the instruction pdf and post it here or email it to me and I can post it. Thanks,

Jim