Carefree awning Lights.....and MOISTURE!

im_1406

Anyone else experience their Carefree Awning light going out in various places? Looks like there is I moisture getting in and shorting them out. Both of my awnings look the same. I don't want to repurchase with the same......in fear it will just do it again. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 47664

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Right side up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53
Anyone else experience their Carefree Awning light going out in various places? Looks like there is I moisture getting in and shorting them out. Both of my awnings look the same. I don't want to repurchase with the same......in fear it will just do it again. Thoughts?

- - - Updated

View attachment 47664

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 47665

Right side up!
Mine are doing the exact same thing...I'm thinking about replacing them with the kind that goes on the side of the camper " under " the awning.

im_1406

Mine are doing the exact same thing...I'm thinking about replacing them with the kind that goes on the side of the camper " under " the awning.

I think you are into something. The recessed channel they sit in on the awning roll holds water it seems....promoting seepage.

jdfishing

I purchased a set of LED lights from Amazon for less than $25. They come in a strip with a self-adhesive backing and a remote that allows you to change colors and blinking sequence. The strip can be cut to length. I attached mine to the roller, but you could attach them on the side under the awning also. They come in 12v or 120v. They have been operational for 3 years with no problems. Camping World carries the same product for $150.

im_1406

I purchased a set of LED lights from Amazon for less than $25. They come in a strip with a self-adhesive backing and a remote that allows you to change colors and blinking sequence. The strip can be cut to length. I attached mine to the roller, but you could attach them on the side under the awning also. They come in 12v or 120v. They have been operational for 3 years with no problems. Camping World carries the same product for $150.

I've worked with that type of kit before for other applications. When you applied the lights to the roller did you recess in the channel or just apply on top of the barrel? Also, where did you hide the receiver box? Photo?

thank you!!

jam20ster

This also happened to my 2016 Cyclone 4200. Luckily I was still under warranty and it was replaced free of charge.

Make sure that when you get back from a trip that you open awning back up and let air dry before rolling up and storing. This is how mine happened. Since then I now make sure it air drys for a few hours before rolling up and have never had a problem since.