Bh 3055rl stinky water

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I've read a bunch of threads on this subject and gleaned a wealth of knowledge on sanitizing your system, etc. Thanks to all who contributed to my education BTW. I am not new to RVING or trailers, so after doing much of what I already knew plus some other suggested remedies, I dug a little deeper to investigate. Now let me clarify the issue a bit...only the water from the hot and cold at the bedroom sink would smell. It took approx. 3 seconds to start smelling, and then would be fine after it ran for another 5 to 10 seconds.

If any of you looked into the location of the low point drains on your rigs, you might find what I think is the issue. One my 2009 BH 3055RL, the hot and cold supplies run across to the curb side just under the sink area where they tee. The lines run down to the low point drains and up to the sink. My theory is bad water trapped in the 18 inches or so from the tee to the drain valves is being siphoned up. What say you to that theory? Thx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Could very well be. Never had the problem though and purify the fresh water system twice a year. While doing so, I release enough water through all fittings including the main drain valve under the rig until I smell chlorine. Let it set for four hours and sometimes overnight before flushing the system.

Garypowell

We used to have a 3055 and lots of happy memories! Making new ones in our 3010 now. We have had stinky water at time but it was consistent with a particular RV park.

Even after letting the unit set with water in the lines for several months between uses just ran some water for a few minutes with no problem.

Might be you need sanitize your lines with a dose of bleach.

Good luck.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
We used to have a 3055 and lots of happy memories! Making new ones in our 3010 now. We have had stinky water at time but it was consistent with a particular RV park.

Even after letting the unit set with water in the lines for several months between uses just ran some water for a few minutes with no problem.

Might be you need sanitize your lines with a dose of bleach.

Good luck.
Yup. Done that, been there. Doing a major shock right now. Will let her set 24 hrs then flush and see.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gaffer

If the 3055 does not have the sink drain vent through the roof, the one under the sink may be bad.