Question on water pump cycling

SNOKING

We are on a shakedown trip getting ready to head to Arizona in two weeks. So we took the trailer out of our sunbird park Wednesday and went to Fidago Bay RV resort in Anacortes, Wa for two day and now in Shelter Bay down the road dry camping sort of to put on a Yacht Club dinner tomorrow night. So we have 15 AMP power from a friend home and are sitting on her empty lot next door. So we are running refer on propane and using the the water pump. Each time we open a faucet or flush the toilet the pump cycles a few times afterwards and then settles down. I am thinking a small accumulator tank might be in order. Your thoughts?

BTW the vinyl caps I put on the tank vents stayed on and the tank stayed full. Thanks Chris

MikeR

I installed an accumulator tank in my unit. It works great at eliminating the pump from running every time you open a faucet or flush the toilet. The only problem is that the accumulator tank has to refill eventually. The pump will run long enough to bring the pressure back up, but it sure beats the pump from cycling every time you need water.

Rollin_Free

I installed an accumulator tank in my unit. It works great at eliminating the pump from running every time you open a faucet or flush the toilet. The only problem is that the accumulator tank has to refill eventually. The pump will run long enough to bring the pressure back up, but it sure beats the pump from cycling every time you need water.

Do you have a pic of this tank you are talking about? It sounds like one similar to what is used in a well.

I think you'll need to keep the vent caps off when you're setup to camp and have them on only when you're traveling.

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I considered the accumulator tank but like others have said the pump might not run when you flush the toilet or wash your hands really quick but it will eventually run and run longer then normal in order to build up the tank pressure again. So your gaining on one and loosing on the other.
For me- I isolated my pump off of the basement floor and installed the silencing hose kit. It made a world of difference. I can barely hear the pump but just enough to know when its working.

Rubber isolators - https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=485052&viewfull=1#post485052

Hose silencing kit - https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=485086&viewfull=1#post485086

avvidclif

I don't know if it helps but mine would cycle while showering which was aggravating. I looked up the instructions and adjusted the turn on pressure to get it to stop. Now when water is continuously used (shower) it runs all the time. One small thing was the instructions were backwards as far as adjustment direction to turn.

SNOKING

We lost city water in the park this morning. I hooked a hose up to the washers supply lines one and a time and bleed the air out of the lines (No washer and dryer installed). The I went to the docking station and got a little air out of the shower/wand there. The pump cycling has decreased to not occurring most of the time when a faucet is turned off or toilet flushed.

Chris

MikeR

Yes, the accumulator tank is like one used for a well. I will have my Big Country home this weekend. I will try and remember to get a picture of the tank.