Faded front cap

Bob Vaughn

I finally got the time to get an estimate to paint my front cap after Heartland would not stand behind their product......It was 1500 plus the decal. I do not know which would look worse a faded cap or one painted using rattle cans.....I just cannot justify spending that much money. Not after what I spent to purchase this 5th wheel....

Roller4tan

I had a 2011 SOB that did the same, After much elbow grease I gave up and eventually bought my Bighorn.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
On our 2012 BC, the cost to do both front and back caps was just under $3k. We went ahead and did it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Fwiw, I see lots of other brands with similar issues. I don't think it was specific to Heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree, it's not just Heartland but many other manufacturers. A Forest River product beside us in AL was really really bad.

ram_1955

Wow that looks amazing! How long did it last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i traded the trailer in about 10 months later and there was never a question about any fading on the cap

The web site says that if you can spray the fiberglass with water and it looks good the Rejuvenator will work. Mine looked great wet. It takes about 5 minutes per square foot to rub this in and you have to be in the shade. Rejuvenator is UV activated.