Mallard safety recall

Owensda

Has anyone responded to the Sep 2016 recall and had their mallard front cap led light strips repaired/replaced yet?

My Camping world knows nothing about the recall.

Looking for the particulars. Is it bad wiring, bad switch? or bad lights?

Could be months before it can be fixed, wondering how much of a problem it really is.

my lights SEEM to work just fine.

jimtoo

Hi Owensda,

Did you receive a letter or notification about a safety issue, or is this something that you or someone else thought about? If you have notification from Heartland please let me know.

I know of NO recalls or safety issues on the units.

Jim M

Last edited:

tott9713

Wasn't too hard to find.....arfc.org website campaign # 16V566000

2017 HEARTLAND MALLARD
ManufacturerHeartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC
Manufactured between8/19/2015 - 7/25/2016
Recalled on8/1/2016
Influenced byHeartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC
Owners Notified on9/1/2016
# Affected4,585
Recalled forELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
DescriptionHeartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Wilderness and Mallard travel trailers, 2015-2017 Elkridge fifth wheel travel trailers, and 2017 Sundance and Torque travel trailers. The affected vehicles have an LED light on the front cap of the camper that may short circuit and overheat.
ConsequencesIf the light overheats there would be an increased risk of a fire.
Corrective actionHeartland will notify owners, and dealers will replace the light with one that has built-in voltage protection. The recall began on September 1, 2016. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032.
NotesOwners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

jimtoo

Sorry the way I posted that, but I cannot bring that up anyplace. Can you post a link to where you found it? This is the first I have heard about it.

Jim M

Owensda

Receive letter from Heartland.

Acording to my recall letter from Heartland, some 2016-2017 Mallards are also included

Last edited:

Buffchief

I got the same letter. I talked with my dealer and they said that it is the big light on the front cap. It is fine as long as you don't use the light. On my Elkridge it is controlled by the switch on the front of the RV by the generator access door. It is blue when illuminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk