New owners of 2017 RW 427

jimtoo

Hi rvingal16,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TomNRae

Hi! We just bought our RW 427 back in August and we're living in it full time. So far we love our decision in the floor plan. The kitchen counter space is my favorite part (as well as the larger fridge). When we're not moving, we use the garage area as our office/laundry room which is great because at the end of the day I can just shut the door on work like I would have at a house. My husband loves the side patio because when you have it open it definitely makes the living area feel much larger. And of course the auto-level feature is really nice for him as well.

Now, some of the downsides we've run into so far- the cabinets in the kitchen could use one more shelf to make my life easier (I just installed a wire shelf instead), the cabinets above the side patio door are so high I can't even use the top shelf... even with a step stool. With us living in here full time, there isn't enough underbelly storage for all of our stuff so we're having to put things inside the garage when we move that I would prefer not to (like the sewer hoses). And the bedroom is a king size bed - nice for some people, but we're used to a queen and I would have enjoyed a second nightstand.

Oh, and all the models we found available only had the 5 seat sofa; we would have liked the free standing dinette, but I think we're going to be ordering that ourselves at a later date.

I never thought we would buy a toy hauler when we went full-time due to all of the other floor plans we had seen over the years, but the 427 really changed our minds and we absolutely love it.

Bri4Sis

Hi! We just bought our RW 427 back in August and we're living in it full time. So far we love our decision in the floor plan. The kitchen counter space is my favorite part (as well as the larger fridge). When we're not moving, we use the garage area as our office/laundry room which is great because at the end of the day I can just shut the door on work like I would have at a house. My husband loves the side patio because when you have it open it definitely makes the living area feel much larger. And of course the auto-level feature is really nice for him as well.

Now, some of the downsides we've run into so far- the cabinets in the kitchen could use one more shelf to make my life easier (I just installed a wire shelf instead), the cabinets above the side patio door are so high I can't even use the top shelf... even with a step stool. With us living in here full time, there isn't enough underbelly storage for all of our stuff so we're having to put things inside the garage when we move that I would prefer not to (like the sewer hoses). And the bedroom is a king size bed - nice for some people, but we're used to a queen and I would have enjoyed a second nightstand.

Oh, and all the models we found available only had the 5 seat sofa; we would have liked the free standing dinette, but I think we're going to be ordering that ourselves at a later date.

I never thought we would buy a toy hauler when we went full-time due to all of the other floor plans we had seen over the years, but the 427 really changed our minds and we absolutely love it.
We have formed a heartland Road Warrior owners group on Facebook that a lot of us show changes and additions we have done

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Looking for other owners of the RW 427 and their comments on their units. Positive or negitive

We just got our 2018 427 Road Warrior on Oct 20th. Love the floor plan, side patio.
One issue the wife has is no screen or curtains for the side patio doors. Need to find something for this area.

Another issue is a low wire about 100 feet from our house and it ripped off our tv ant. I had to replace it this morning about $164.00 for the new antenna.