SHURFLO 12V 3.0 GPM Issues

Sandpirate69

I have read several of the post on pump issues. I replaced my SHURFLO 12V 2.8 GPM because it wasn't pulling water from the water tanks. Now, i installed the aforementioned pump and this pump is pushing water, but with air. So, possibly the other pump may not have had an issue after all. I didn't check the plastic strainer/cup on the intake side for cracks. i'm going to remove it and hook the connection straight without it and see if it draws water from the tank. I'f i had a crack in the tank, i would see a leak somewhere in the underbelly. i'm hoping its not the main line coming up from the fresh water tank. Has anyone had this issue, where it was a line coming from the tank?

Also, pump doesn't stop running, so i think the pump isn't keeping pressure.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Ivan

rhodies1

I have read several of the post on pump issues. I replaced my SHURFLO 12V 2.8 GPM because it wasn't pulling water from the water tanks. Now, i installed the aforementioned pump and this pump is pushing water, but with air. So, possibly the other pump may not have had an issue after all. I didn't check the plastic strainer/cup on the intake side for cracks. i'm going to remove it and hook the connection straight without it and see if it draws water from the tank. I'f i had a crack in the tank, i would see a leak somewhere in the underbelly. i'm hoping its not the main line coming up from the fresh water tank. Has anyone had this issue, where it was a line coming from the tank?

Also, pump doesn't stop running, so i think the pump isn't keeping pressure.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Ivan

just had the same issue 3 weeks ago as you are experiencing,pump was sucking air with the water and slow shutting off.My issue was a cracked nipple on the water tank where the draw line connects.Have you explored around the underbelly to see if it's hanging lower or water is seeping out around the drain tube for your tank,that's how I found my leak, water dripping out,the cause was the tank shifted sideways and cracked the nipple against the bracket,if it is the nipple ,they can be purchased at any hardware store like HD or Lowes.

Sandpirate69

I haven't had the time to check in the underbelly. I was going und er there next week to run some 12v wires for some LED lights I'm hooking up. I'm going to check the lines and I will check the connection on the tanks. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't think of that. I figured a line may have have cracked or sliced somehow.
I will post after I get under there .
Thank you,
Ivan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk