Got it, but...

deee2

We have our new Bighorn 3055 sitting in the back yard now... can't wait to use it. BUT, we pick up our new Ford truck on Monday and now have to wait until we get 500 miles on it before we can tow.

WOE IS ME! lol

jimtoo

Hey dee2, congratulations on your new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Family. This is the place for all the info and help, if and when you need it.

Just hop in that old Ford and make a couple of trips to the grocery store and you should be ready to go.

JimM

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
WOE IS ME! lol

Congrats

New Bighorn...... New Truck....... Oh yea I feel really bad fer ya, sniff, sniff..... let me wipe a tear from my eye. LOL

That truck would have 500 miles on it by monday night and hooked up ready to roll by tuesday morning if it was me.

Truthfully, I'd just bring it home, hook it up and break it in like I was gonna use it....... Towing.

deee2

LOL! We're rather excited, very impatient to get out and about in the setup. I'll pass the tissue for you though! LOL

pmmjarrett

Betcha have reservations already.

OMG I just noticed your signature..... 6.4PSD and 4.30 gears:eek:..... You'll pass everything but a fuel stop, I'll need to send you a case of tissues.

I think my eyes will quit watering when my lab puppy quits farting in my office while laying at my feet.....Gawd she's awful today.

deee2

LMAO!! Hey, we got the truck today and put 100 miles on it. Yessssssssssss And we have the Bighorn almost fully loaded. DH just needs to load the underbelly. I'm so ready to GO!

Today, according to the readout, we were averaging 11.4 mpg. Might just need an extra fuel tank! LOL

Donna :)

pmmjarrett

I find an aux tank a must have. Don't need to go overboard like me with a 91 gallon tank, giving me a total capacity of 135 gallons, but it sure is a lot nicer only filling once every 2-3 days vs 2-3 times a day... Just bites breaking the wallet out to pay for $500+ worth of fuel every time I fill.

IIRC both of my Ford superduties only had 29 gallon tanks, simply doubling that would make a long trip a lot easier.

I use an RDS tank from Northern Tool and use the gravity feed hookup kit they have that ties the aux into the fuel tank filler neck and uses a check valve. Works great and not too pricy like the transfer flow systems.

FWI, using a gravity feed system with the fill valve always open WILL set a check engine light code for the fuel level sensor in a newer Ford ( It did on my 2006 F350). Best to run off the main tank and top it off with the aux tank as needed.... or carry a code scanner to clear the code.

I'll try not to break your heart and tell you my lie-o-meter tells me 24 - 26 mpg empty and 13 - 15 towing.... It's usually 1.5 - 2 mpg high from my hand calculated numbers