Underbelly material

captpfd

Had to do some emergency repairs on the 2008 Heartland Razor toyhauler this weekend. Had to remove lots of the black underbelly material to protect from road grim etc. It is a corragated material. It is old and falling apart. Not really sure where to buy it or would like to know if anyone has used another method to cover up the underbelly instead of this black material? Thanks.

mlpeloquin

Had to do some emergency repairs on the 2008 Heartland Razor toyhauler this weekend. Had to remove lots of the black underbelly material to protect from road grim etc. It is a corragated material. It is old and falling apart. Not really sure where to buy it or would like to know if anyone has used another method to cover up the underbelly instead of this black material? Thanks.

You can find Coroplast at the Home Depot. You can do a search for Corrugated plastic rolls, but the cost is high. Use some wood strips to screw the seams together and Gorilla tape to waterproof the seams. You can male access panels to get to the dump valves as well.

www.homedepot.com/s/Black%20Corrugated%20Plastic%20Sheet?NCNI-5
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Coroplas...te-Corrugated-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385

jbeletti

I've been told that yard sign companies carry coroplast. They likely get it in 4x8 sheets. Consider calling your nearest Sign-O-Rama or similar to inquire on availability, color and cost.

captpfd

I will make the call. The sign material is probably more sturdy than the roll material from Heartland.

capehank

Is it necessary to glue the corrugated plastic in the front to the beam of the unit? When we removed the plastic it was lightly glued. If so what type of glue do we use?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2011 Bighorn and there is no sealant to the frame.
If you feel the need to seal it I think that any good caulk would do the job.
Are you the original owner?

Peace
Dave