3950 A/c

gardan69

We will be purchasing a 3950 within the next few months. We have done our research and looked and looked and will buy the 3950.

My question is: When we went to the dealer he had one set up with both a/c's running, the bedroom was very cool but the rest of the unit was not what I'm currently used to. Has anyone had the same experience with their 3950 ? We live in Louisiana and it is very hot and humid. My current camper will freeze you out if you turn it down.
I asked the salesman how long he had the a/c on and he told me about 5 hours.
I also noticed there were only 5 vents on the main a/c, 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the bathroom, 2 in the main living area and 1 in the garage area.
Any help or info would be appreciated.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The bedroom will definitely be cooler with both ACs running. The front AC is only for the bedroom. The main AC has the vents you listed (I know there is one in the loft area but not sure how many others in the kitchen/living area...I'll be back at the Cyclone in a couple of hours) - plus you can open a vent on the bottom of the AC to blow straight down or keep it closed in order to push more of the air out through the other vents.

As far as freezing you out - mine won't freeze me out, but it does freeze my wife out! But then again, I could live in a fridge with no problem! :D I was in mine in Oklahoma from March thru May, then came up to Wyoming and will be here until well into the winter. They do keep the 3950 nice and cool! I love my Cyclone! :)

blackfin

I have a 3950 with 2 units, the rear A/C has little air flow though out the unit. I removed my vent and found left over material in the ducts and still have little flow, I am putting the tent in the duct but I guess am struggling with having to modifiy a high end unit right off the bat. I can tell you the intake side of my A/C was a miss, wiring looked like a rats nest. The power junction box cover was hanging by 1 screw and the wires were not in the box.....

JimandSina

I have a 2009 Cyclone 3950 with 2 A/C's, I keep the Bedroom A/C off unless we are sleeping there, the main A/C does a very good job of cooling the entire unit including the garage, I live in Houston and the weather here is very similar to New Orleans, I find that the unit has plenty of air flow, but do wish that it had the ability to close the vents like my old unit had, I may look into changing out the existing vents with the type that can be adjusted, I would rather not cool the garage unless needed, so far I have been extremely happy with the purchase, in about 2 weeks we will be going on a longer trip so I'll give the A/C's a good workout and see how it does in the wide open Texas sunlight.
good luck,
Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Jim, I do know that my bathroom has an adjustable vent which you can close. I don't know for sure about any of the others. :)

JimandSina

Thanks HT,
I'll check it out tonight, I know the garage doesn't on mine because I climbed up there to close it and it didn't, maybe some of the others will, I would close my bedroom and garage and that would probably really coooool down the living area, although I'm pretty pleased with the system as is, I would just tweak it a little if possible, I LOVE my Harley, but it can get along fine without A/C although DW sez her antique Wing needs to be comfy ;-)

Jim

Jaysmom

We took delivery of our 3950 June 13. Had for one trip, then back to the dealer for repairs. One of the issues we asked them to check is the a/c. The main a/c does not cool the living area well, and the bedroom a/c would kick on every 5 minutes, run 1 minute, then shut off. Haven't gotten the unit back yet. Will let you know what they find out.

JimandSina

Congrats Jaysmom on your new Cyclone, hopefully they will get your A/C's working satisfactorily, in the mean time Happy Camping.
Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Jay,

One problem with the bedroom air...................the thermostat location. If the AC turns on and blows cold air directly onto thermostat, the AC will cycle more frequently than normal. This will also effect the main AC, if the bedroom AC air flow is directed toward the main AC thermostat, the main AC will not be reading living area temperature. This occurs on my 3600RL because both thermostats are located in or near the hall way in direct line air flow from bedroom AC.

Forrest

Loco

I have 3795 with one unit on the roof. It is all it can do to keep it cool down here in GA. My best friend has a 39 ft Raptor with two units. One is in the bed room up front and one in the same place as the cyclones over the main door area right above the bed room steps. His unit will freeze you in the bed room but living area will not get cool like the bed room. We moved his front unit to the rear and now it cools the whole rig! Our rig gets really cool in bed room but not in living area.I am going to put another unit on soon but I am not putting it in the bed room. I am putting the new unit in the main living area over the bunk. The roof will handle it fine. The wiring will be a little bit of a pain. But if you order one maybe they can put the second in main living area from the factory. A little note I did some work to my vents in the living room and bed room and that helped a lot. Redirected the flow inside the duct work.