Gateway 3660 TB or 3560

jamtracy

Hello,
Looking for some good info and honest reviews. We are looking at purchasing either the Gateway 3660 TB or the 3560 What are your thoughts if you own these are you happy with your purchase? What problems have you encountered if any? How does Heartland measure in working with their customer? We were also considering the Montana High Country 358BH. We currently have 2014 Open Range Roamer 367Bhs up for sale we want to full time in a year or so and at the time we thought our Open Range would be the trailer for us, but quickly saw after using it the last few years a King bed is a must as well as having a bath and a half. We have a outdoor kitchen in our Open Range, but not sure if we want to go that route for sure again? We live in California so we are also looking for a great dealer in the East Bay area that will treat us right or should we order from some other place like Couches? Also how do the room slides work? Can you put each slide out at a time or is it one button puts all the slides out at one time? We plan to have the auto level system like in our Open Range is this standard or extra in the Gateway's?

Thanks in advance looking forward to hearing from some owner members.

jimtoo

Hi jamtracy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions and info from our members soon. I am on my 3rd Heartland and would have nothing else but a Heartland unit.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a rally in a Heartland product.

Jim M

Bones

Hello,
Looking for some good info and honest reviews. We are looking at purchasing either the Gateway 3660 TB or the 3560 What are your thoughts if you own these are you happy with your purchase? What problems have you encountered if any? How does Heartland measure in working with their customer? We were also considering the Montana High Country 358BH. We currently have 2014 Open Range Roamer 367Bhs up for sale we want to full time in a year or so and at the time we thought our Open Range would be the trailer for us, but quickly saw after using it the last few years a King bed is a must as well as having a bath and a half. We have a outdoor kitchen in our Open Range, but not sure if we want to go that route for sure again? We live in California so we are also looking for a great dealer in the East Bay area that will treat us right or should we order from some other place like Couches? Also how do the room slides work? Can you put each slide out at a time or is it one button puts all the slides out at one time? We plan to have the auto level system like in our Open Range is this standard or extra in the Gateway's?

Thanks in advance looking forward to hearing from some owner members.

I am assuming you mean the 3650 BH. These two are essentially the same floor plan. Our is more dedicated to a bunk house. We opted for the sofa under the one slide which gives us extra sleeping room for the kids. We have had 4 kids sleeping back there and they are not fighting or falling over each other too much. We love the floor plan because the kids have their room and we have ours. The toys and games stay in their room and they have a TV as well. I am not a fan of the kitchen table because it is very heavy and awkward to set up. I have had a few rough steps but Heartland came through and we got everything repaired. All of the slides are on one switch for mine and Auto leveling was not a feature when we purchased. I wish very hard that I had it. I saw the new ones can come with leveling but don't know if it is standard. The king bed makes the main bedroom a bit tight because it is crammed in there up tight against the walls and is sometimes difficult to maneuver around, to get to the closet. We manage though. In my opinion I don't think the Montana even compares in quality to the heartland unit we have. The little sofa at the entrance is more of a collection point than useful. We seem to throw all our stuff on that thing when we come in the camper. Jackets, book bags, shells, toys, and anything extra. It is very awkward to sit on it because I feel like I'm being pushed forward. I love the kitchen area and the residential fridge. Fell free to browse my profile as I have some pictures on there with it. The camp kitchen is a very nice feature. I had to change the outdoor grill mount to something I like and works well now. I have a mod coming to that in the future. Oh and the slides are hydraulic. You push the button and the bed goes out first then usually the kitchen then maybe the big slide followed by the kids slides. I hope this helps you.

justafordguy

We love our 3650 bh. We replaced the U shaped dinnet and heavy table with a residential drop leaf table and chairs and like it much better. Overall I think the Gateway line is the best 5th wheel for the money and am very happy with the quality.

ketah777

We love our 3650BH! We have 2 kids, ages 12 and 10 and we travel fulltime, so it was important to me for the kids to have their own room and for my husband and me to have our own room. Like someone else said, the king size bed takes up the whole room, so if you don't mind a queen, I might go with that. But, I do love having a king size even though it's cramped in there. I love the residential fridge and the kitchen, and my husband loves the outdoor kitchen area. We have lived in it for about 20 months now and it has been a great unit. We had a few minor problems the first year like needing a new grey tank and kitchen faucet. Heartland sent us the tank and parts on the road and reimbursed us for a mobile tech to come out and make the repairs. That was very much appreciated since we live in it and didn't want the hassle of bringing it to a dealer. We had a 3-4 inch crack in the side wall near the master bedroom slide-out. We had to bring that to a dealer to have repaired, but Heartland took care of that as well.

We ordered this unit so we could get the auto-leveling system. I don't know if that comes standard now. And the slides all go in and out on 1 button, which is actually something I don't like. It would be nice if we could put each one in or out at one time.

We have had a great experience and are happy with our choice to purchase this one. Even after 20 months there is nothing else that I have seen that I would rather live and travel in. I hope this helps!