News from the Elkhart Open House

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
An article from RVPro today said Jayco will be using American made Goodyear Endurance ST tires.

https://rv-pro.com/news/jayco-will-..._campaign=20160921_RVP_eNews (1)&utm_content=

An article from RVPro today said DRV is introducing "Mobile Suites Aire", a lighter version aimed at single wheel truck owners. (The headline says a new toyhauler, but the story seems to be about the new lighter line.)

https://rv-pro.com/news/drv-debutin..._campaign=20160921_RVP_eNews (1)&utm_content=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I looked up Goodyear Endurance tires. "The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has unveiled its longest-wearing waste haul tire and matching retread, which it believes will become the “go-to” tire products for waste haul fleets that want more miles to removal and other important benefits."

Maybe Jayco will encourage Goodyear to come up with some new marketing language.

mlpeloquin

I looked up Goodyear Endurance tires. "The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has unveiled its longest-wearing waste haul tire and matching retread, which it believes will become the “go-to” tire products for waste haul fleets that want more miles to removal and other important benefits."

Maybe Jayco will encourage Goodyear to come up with some new marketing language.

A matter of opinion. Wast haul are garbage trucks. They go where no RV would and are subject to all kinds of debris at the dump site twice a day. Takes a good tire to hold up to the abuse.

jddelano

Did you hear what the carrying capacity will be for the Aire? Didn't see mention of it in the article. If the DRV quality remains and CCW is decent it would be worth looking at given what they are doing to the LM line this year.

SNOKING

"put American-made Goodyear endurance tires on all of its vehicles" Maybe they are talking about motorhomes???? I see the largest on is noted to have Michelin tires now. Chris

TravelTiger

"put American-made Goodyear endurance tires on all of its vehicles" Maybe they are talking about motorhomes???? I see the largest on is noted to have Michelin tires now. Chris

The pics show a triple axle 5ver, and Mike Alpin, head of their 5th Wheel Sales, is quoted.

TravelTiger

Did you hear what the carrying capacity will be for the Aire? Didn't see mention of it in the article. If the DRV quality remains and CCW is decent it would be worth looking at given what they are doing to the LM line this year.

DRV is now owned by Thor/Heartland.

SNOKING

The pics show a triple axle 5ver, and Mike Alpin, head of their 5th Wheel Sales, is quoted.

I see that now. They appear to be ST235/85R16. Nothing on their web site or internet about them. Maybe they got tired for warranting their Marathon china bombs? Chris

jddelano

DRV is now owned by Thor/Heartland.

TravelTIger: that's correct, DRV has been acquired by THOR and I've recently read instances where the DRV service has degraded (DRV owner's perceptions based on comments I've seen on other forums from users and those who have gone thru similar problems with their DRVs). "If" DRV service takes a hit then a drop in the workmanship/fit-finish/ and value sometimes follows after corporate acquisitions. The fact that THOR is becoming a monopoly and appears to be more and more cost myopic disappoints me--but I'm sure someone on here will disregard my opinion and tell me to get over it, things will change for the better right around the corner (and I hope they do!).