2016 - Las Vegas - Heartland Gives Back - our Veterans!

jbeletti

13226634_1141944109203074_7413365259142334964_n.jpg

Hey Heartlanders,

This year's Heartland Gives Back initiative (HGBi) will beneficiary will be Soldier’s Best Friend (SBF). SBF provides U.S. military veterans living with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with Service or Therapeutic Companion Dogs, most of which are rescued from local shelters. The veteran and dog train together to build a trusting relationship that saves two lives at once and inspires countless others.

It costs about $4,000 to train an animal to be put into the service of a veteran.

I'm throwing out this challenge to all Heartlanders in attendance...

We're going to raise enough money to FULLY SPONSOR an animal to the benefit of a U.S. veteran. Are you with me? We can do this. If every rig gave just $30, we'd hit our target. Let's do this Heartlanders!

Learn more about Soldier's Best Friend here at this link.

On edit:
After speaking with John Burnham, the Founder and President of SBF tonight, I verified the cost per animal and their current audit shows about $4,000. Some animals take more training, some take less. $4,000 is the average today, so I've revised our target. Let's go for the $4k - so that's about $30 per rig.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
As a living recipient of this valuable program, I also will donate a substantial amount. SBF fully trained my first PTSD dog Dakota! Since Dakota is now crippled, they are currently training Cheyenne who will take over duties from Dakota. Both dogs will be in Vegas with me and you may see what they do first hand. Cheyenne is scheduled to take her final exam in November.
Please remember when their vest is on, they may not be petted!!!
Dakota & Cheyenne AKA My "Aussie" girls.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Count us in for $50.00 each. Me, Amy & Tucker and I'll donate a lamp for a raffle/auction or what ever you want to do with it if your interested.

jbeletti

Hi friends,

After speaking with John Burnham, the Founder and President of SBF tonight, I verified the cost per animal and their current audit shows about $4,000. Some animals take more training, some take less. $4,000 is the average today, so I've revised our target. Let's go for the $4k - so that's about $30 per rig.

jbeletti

Count us in for $50.00 each. Me, Amy & Tucker and I'll donate a lamp for a raffle/auction or what ever you want to do with it if your interested.

Dave, Amy and Tucker - thank you so much. I am pleased to accept the lamp and we'll plan to auction it with 100% of the proceeds going SBF. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

jbeletti

Garry - thank you for adding more context to the significance of SBF and their mission.

Jerrod and Wayne - thank you for your pledge. With big HEARTS like yours, we'll hit our target in no time.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Carol and I will most certainly make a substantial contribution. Thank You all Heartlanders. We'll make this goal, I am sure!

Lou_and_Bette

Count Bette and I in for a donation...in addition, I am going to set up a booth selling paracord stuff of which 50% (or more) will go to the charity.

VKTalley

Can those of us who will not be in Vegas donate too? I've seen Garry's girls in action! They are both great and such a blessing for him.

jbeletti

Can those of us who will not be in Vegas donate too? I've seen Garry's girls in action! They are both great and such a blessing for him.

You can donate on their website (https://soldiersbestfriend.org/donate/gift/)

Using Donation Type "Gift A Donation", in section 2, under Donation Preference, select "A Gift for" and under "Individual Name", type "Heartland Owners Club".

In this manner, SBF will be able to track and tally donations given as a result of our rally.

Thanks Val!

Google ChromeScreenSnapz173.jpg

wino2

My Employer Frontier Ford of Santa Clara, Ca, just sent me a check for $200.00 for Soldiers Friend. I am the Government/Commercial Sales Manager for Frontier. I am also working on my old boss who is now the Controller of Friendly Ford of Las Vegas. Also hopefully, I can get a 2017 Ford Super Duty from them to display at our site, 113. Melinda Bishop

jbeletti

My Employer Frontier Ford of Santa Clara, Ca, just sent me a check for $200.00 for Soldiers Friend. I am the Government/Commercial Sales Manager for Frontier. I am also working on my old boss who is now the Controller of Friendly Ford of Las Vegas. Also hopefully, I can get a 2017 Ford Super Duty from them to display at our site, 113. Melinda Bishop

Wow Wayne - that is so nice of your employer and also of you to ask. Be cool to look at a 2017 Ford. I'll bet it will make Jerrod cry as I don't think his has come in yet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is awesome.
And I still have another month of waiting. Hopefully the first of November :(
I went and test drove one last week and now I'm really going crazy having to wait.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk