Sewer hose storage

happycampernc

The space that is provided for the sewer hose storage is very small in our 28bhs. It doesn't even hold a 5' hose. DH is going to ask about that on Sat. when he takes it back to have the outside shower fixed.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our Bighorn was the same way. I use a good size tote to carry 30 feet of sewer hose, connectors and fittings. Much easier to access and stow the hoses. You never know how much sewer hose you may need from place to place. If one develops a leak, I have extras.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We discussed this in an earlier thread. You might like to read it.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=5019&highlight=pvc

I don't know if you have a place on under your trailer but this might give you and idea..

deee2

DH carries an old five gallon paint bucket with lid that he keeps extra hoses and other dirty stuff in.

Ick

MONEY

My back bumper opens up on the end also. I noticed it when I was leveling it. Very smart idea I might add.

Attachments

• Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 33
  • nomad2.jpg
    nomad2.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 49

irvin56

Our north trail 31qbs

has the nice plastic rounded one. not a square tube.
Maybe they have changed them
Mine is a dec/07 built
09 model

2010augusta

I store mine in the back bumper. Doesn't every TT have the same type of bumper on it for just this purpose??

One quick warning to I will mention is: If you have a metal bumper and you store the sewer hose in it there can/will be an issue with rust inside the bumper that will wear down the hose as it is dragged in and out of the bumper. There are many ways to prevent this such as using a placstic gutter as a tray for the hose inside the bumper or changeing the metal bumper for a vinyl tube.

porthole

Retired
One quick warning to I will mention is: If you have a metal bumper and you store the sewer hose in it there can/will be an issue with rust inside the bumper that will wear down the hose as it is dragged in and out of the bumper. There are many ways to prevent this such as using a plastic gutter as a tray for the hose inside the bumper or changing the metal bumper for a vinyl tube.

Just had to cut off 1.5 feet of my Rhino hose because of that (previous trailer)

kswatson

short storage 4 sewer hose

I made the dealership install a proper "20-30" foot "reciever on our 31qbs before we bought it.
Keith

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In the side hose storage compartment on the 3670, I can get two 10' sections of hose, with connectors, along with some other stuff, in it. I've got an extra 10' of hose still in the box, that I've not needed to use...yet. My extra fittings are kept in a small plastic tote in the "garage."