Black marks on roof

WeRWilsons

I have been wanting to recondition my roof on my 08' Bighorn for awhile. I spoke with an rv repair shop amd they advised they use a two step CAMCO product. The first step is cleaner and the second is a conditioner. I applied the cleaner in hopes of getting it clean. There were many small black colored marks and a great deal of dirt. The dirt readily washed off, but the black marks persist. I have scrubbed and used a mildew remover as well, but still cannot get them off. At this point I am unsure whether to just give up and apply the conditioner / sealer or keep trying to remove the spots. I dont want to seal the marks on the roof.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mlpeloquin

Cleaned mine yesterday and have similar black marks. To me it looked like road tar. I used both Camco products. Mixed the roof cleaner along with ZEP Industrial degreaser and Dawn dish soap when they would not come off. Cleaned everything well, but the black spots. Not going to worry about it since if it were alive, it isn't now. Then applied the UV protector after it dried at the end of the day.

WeRWilsons

Thanks Marc...when you added the ZEP and Dawn, did it remove any of the black spots? I dont seem to be able to remove any of them. Thanks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have tried everything and the small black marks persist too. To me it looks more like tree sap stains that have been heated into the roof by the sun. Probably will never come off. So I just go with it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have tried everything and the small black marks persist too. To me it looks more like tree sap stains that have been heated into the roof by the sun. Probably will never come off. So I just go with it.

I guess we could call them 'character marks'. :cool:

ProwlerMaxxAirBRdone-P1010892.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirBackDone-P1010866.jpg