Couple of Mods

flyfishing48

First modification was to the shelf over the coat closet at the entryway. I made this into a holder for wine bottles. One picture shows it in use the other with a rod in place for travel (just in case). Although we have traveled without the rod and it went fine.
The next mod was to the medicine cabinet. Added a 3rd shelf and a rack under it for a hand towel.
Next was an extension to the island. This serves as space for a laptop or fly tying station on fishing trips.
Last was at the cabinet in the bedroom for a TV. We will never have a TV in there so I made a door for the cabinet and now we use it for storage. Pics are before and after shots for that.
Also mounted a flat panel TV on the wall and a bike rack that clamps to the bumper. No pics of those two items as they are commercial items.

Attachments

• IMGP2501 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2501 (Large).JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IMGP2227 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2227 (Large).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 403
  • IMGP2504 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2504 (Large).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 469
  • IMGP2328 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2328 (Large).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 424
  • IMGP2329 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2329 (Large).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 434
  • IMGP2330 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2330 (Large).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 436
  • IMGP2050 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2050 (Large).JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMGP2053 (Large).JPG
    IMGP2053 (Large).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 472

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, Nice work. What did you mean when you said "commercial items" regarding the last two mods you didn't post pictures of? Just curious.
On Edit,
You know what? I just figured it out. They are something available through retail and the pictures you posted are your work. See, the brain still works:D.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi Tom , your mods look real good and professional and you matched the stain perfect,did you use that Sherwin Williams,toffee maple stain I also made some mods on my sundance like a wine rack we didn't have a coat closet as we have a 3300sk TRAVELER07

flyfishing48

Stain

Traveler07- We live in a one lumber yard town and they don't carry Sherwin Williams. I ended up using Minwax Golden Oak, with a satin poly over it.

Netem

Nice mods Tom. I had a friend thats in the crafts business make me a small table to go between our chairs in the back and he also used Minwax Golden Oak. I just finished today putting on my rear hitch so we can take the bikes. We camped over the 4th and really missed them.

flyfishing48

Netem,
We expect to arrive home after 18 days on the road. One learning from this trip is that we need a table between our chairs. That will be the top priority project before the next outing. We are thinking a wedge shape top, at a height just below the side bolsters of the chair, might be our best option.

Last edited:

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hello : We bought 2 ottomans which have storage in them. They are small enough to fit in the back with the chairs or between the 2 slides when closed. They have been a great addition . I had also thought about mounting 2 wooden racks under the side windows near chairs !! I had read a post in the past about buying a small table at Bed Bath and Beyond .

Netem

Tom, have a safe trip home. We will be leaving Mon. for Holland Mi. for a week and then to South Haven for 4 days. I hope its nice and cool up there.

deee2

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm sure my DH thanks you too! LOL

Really, it's wonderful we have a place to come to see what other's do and how they do it. We get great ideas!

Donna :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I believe you can get an extension from the factory now with the solid surface material. Check with customer service.

Jim & Harriet

Modifications to 3300sk

these are great ideas. might have to get the dh to add the third shelf in the med cabinet.

where did you find the cabinet door for the tv shelf? we have a small tv but i'd love to hide it (and the remote and the wires) behind a door. yours looks perfect.

we did several mods to our '09 3300sk. some similar to yours. i think the bedroom shelves we added could be modified and also be used in the lr.

it's wonderful to see everyone's different mods. gives me ideas for the dh to work on. None
if you would like to check-out all of our mods just look at our album.

Attachments

• 6a r window - after.jpg
    6a r window - after.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I would love to know where you got the doors also. Or did you make them? I want to put doors on the panel that covers the water pump and water heater bay (it would make it easier for winterization). Along with a few other doors for the strange "storage" pockets in various places in the kitchen (like above the fridge, above the pantry, above the microwave, etc.).

Thanks,
John

flyfishing48

Hi, can you tell me where you got the hardware for the extension to the island?

Sorry for the tardy reply, has been a very busy summer and I haven't been on line very much.
Not sure, had it in my shop for a couple of years. Most likely Home Depot or our local lumber yard.

05Winger

Nice modifications to your trailer. We recently purchased the Sundance 287RL. It's great to see how the simple changes can make a big difference. Thanks.
Jay and Lori