Cable problem- 3010re

BigGuy82

So I connected the campground CATV to the cable input located in the utility panel. Tried every TV input - same deal - no CATV. Antenna works fine. Dish works fine. Disc from Jensen stereo works fine. Neighbors CATV works fine.

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Lou_and_Bette

Did you turn off the antenna booster? That is also a switch which allows signals from the antenna to go to the TV when on, and when off allows signal from CATV to pass through.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Man are you in for a fun time . . .

First, follow the outside cable connection to wherever that takes you (probably somewhere in the basement on the door side).

It will go to a splitter somewhere near an outside TV coax hookup . . . this is where I found the very first problem as the outside cable connection was hooked up to one of the outputs on the splitter . . . not the input (splitters are one way - thus no signal), and the input of the splitter went to the outside TV hookup!.

That is how it came wired from the factory . . .

Next, check ALL of your coax connections and make sure they are tight, including ALL splitters.

And last but not least, if your Jensen stereo has the antenna hooked up to the roof antenna via coax to a splitter behind the stereo . . . unplug the radio antenna from the coax and buy a diapole or an outside mount antenna as this was shorting out the cable signal in our Prowler.

And this is just for starters . . .

Good luck!

BigGuy82

Did you turn off the antenna booster? That is also a switch which allows signals from the antenna to go to the TV when on, and when off allows signal from CATV to pass through.
This did the trick, but I also followed the advice from others. All of the connectors I've checked thus far were loose - hand tight being the best. I'm going over the whole mess tomorrow. Checking CATV when auto programming the TV solved that issue. So, at least I'm good to go for the debate tonight. Thanks!!!

mlpeloquin

Snug them up. They should be torqued, but unless you are building Government hardware, nobody does. Do not over tighten them. Snug beyond finger tight is good.

SNOKING

Man are you in for a fun time . . .

First, follow the outside cable connection to wherever that takes you (probably somewhere in the basement on the door side).

It will go to a splitter somewhere near an outside TV coax hookup . . . this is where I found the very first problem as the outside cable connection was hooked up to one of the outputs on the splitter . . . not the input (splitters are one way - thus no signal), and the input of the splitter went to the outside TV hookup!.

That is how it came wired from the factory . . .

Next, check ALL of your coax connections and make sure they are tight, including ALL splitters.

And last but not least, if your Jensen stereo has the antenna hooked up to the roof antenna via coax to a splitter behind the stereo . . . unplug the radio antenna from the coax and buy a diapole or an outside mount antenna as this was shorting out the cable signal in our Prowler.

And this is just for starters . . .

Good luck!

We had a splitter in the cable coax in the cabinet about the LM TV. The bedroom TV got more channels and clear picture than the living room TV. Bypass that splitter and Living Room TV is much better. Now to work out an antenna for the Jensen Stereo. Thinking of stripping 31" of coax down to the center conductor and barreling it two the other coax from the splitter output. Thanks Chris

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sorry I haven't replied sooner . . .

We are at the Las Vegas National HOC Rally and the wifi is horrible here . . .

As it was all along the way here as well.

My dealership finally came through with a diapole radio antenna and installed it for me, but sitting in my yard it wouldn't pick up any local FM stations, and several of their broadcast towers are about a mile from my house!

Plus, it doesn't seem to work on AM as it can't even pick up the 'Blowtorch' (850 KOA) in Denver, which I can get in my truck here in Vegas and I've picked it up in Michigan on a clear day.

Before we left for Vegas I pulled the stereo and readjusted the antenna (it was all wadded up in a ball and not mounted to the cabinet) and mounted it to the inside wall of the cabinet, and works a little better . . . but not much better.

I am going to purchase a car antenna from one of the auto parts stores near me and mount it on the outside of the slide.