Cleaning Garage Floor in Toy Hauler?

jam20ster

What are you trying to clean up? Normal everyday cleanup or mud/dirt/grime? For me we fulltime in ours so i just vacuum and then have a swiffer wetjet that i mop over it with.

ATM

Mud, the diamond plate rubber matting looks real nice when new or clean. But quite the pain to clean. I used the shop vac to get the majority of it up, but...
I take it the Swiffer wetjet is flexible enough to get right down an in between?

IronJ

I blow mine out with an electric Toro blower, then use the shark steam mop....if ya want the "new plastic " look you can wipe it down with that turtle wax brand dash and glass cleaner....

I like it because it's not greasy or slick...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

jam20ster

Yes the swiffer wet jet gets between the diamond plated bumps. I haven't gotten mine really dirty though. I would be careful with using water hose or sprayer. Who knows how sealed the floor really are. You would think they would be good and sealed due to their designed application, but some of us with toy haulers have been bitten by the patio doors delaminating also.

Sniper

I use to use the shop vac most of the time. And occasionally the pressure washer. That always did a really nice job on mine.
You used a pressure washer inside your toy hauler? Man that takes some brass. I just use the ol' broom, and mop. If something sticky, or oil gets laid down, I use Totally Awesome cleaner I get for a buck from the dollar store (diluted) to wipe it up first. We also have a rug we put down when the bikes are out. :)

Lynn1130

I have avoided using water in the garage or on the inside of the ramp because of the possibility of water intrusion. I put down a piece of outdoor carpet when I run the UTV in and generally leave it there to protect the floor from mud and snow when we are hunting. I remove it and wash it off when done with the trip. I use the shop vac spot clean the floor if I do get mud on it. It looks pretty good with that method. the dash and glass cleaner might work, but I would be afraid of it being slick.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My garage had diamond plate floor, diamond plate up 3' of the walls, 3 rows of etrack on the floor, and no furniture and any kind in it. We would ride year round so sometimes it would get pretty muddy in there. The pressure washer was more pressure then water and it would blow everything right out the back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sniper

My garage had diamond plate floor, diamond plate up 3' of the walls, 3 rows of etrack on the floor, and no furniture and any kind in it. We would ride year round so sometimes it would get pretty muddy in there. The pressure washer was more pressure then water and it would blow everything right out the back.

Our pressure washer peels concrete. I'd be afraid I'd blow a hole right thru the wall if I didn't get off the trigger in time, and with my luck and expert skills, that's exactly what would happen. LOL

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

LOL mine is a small 2600psi unit works great for washing off all of the toys.
34168a510fdf90b915c42897c366348d.jpg

LBR

Years ago I took a 16' wide, full floor length tarp and doubled it lengthwise, duct taped the 3 seams, and use it faithfully under everything loaded when things are dry.....also have a full length 12' wide tarp (that lays up both walls and up in the front) on top of the other tarp if toys are wet/muddy. It is my redneck bed pan for helping keep the floor like new and cleanup simple....no moisture gets to our floor.

ATM

Our walls are starting to take a beating from loading and unloading the kayaks, dirt bikes and other misc. stuff we cannot seem to live without. I was starting to think about installing some aluminum diamond plate at least two feet up the wall and then running some sealant along the existing diamond plate and floor. Did you install the diamond plate yourself along the walls? Next question is if you did, did you glue it to the paneling or screw it to the studs?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine was factory installed.
If I were installing it myself I would probably just screw it to the studs. I'm sure the glue wouldn't be a bad addition either.
I found a cool trim piece when I did my home garage to cap the top edge.
I'll take a picture of it and post it.
49ce9834222b23492d5ff095f7b6764b.jpg

49907f233a8f82cabf7c1a78527e839e.jpg

a386f1b32f4928ee3f35b2de90a264b7.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was factory installed.
If I were installing it myself I would probably just screw it to the studs. I'm sure the glue wouldn't be a bad addition either.
I found a cool trim piece when I did my home garage to cap the top edge.
I'll take a picture of it and post it.
49ce9834222b23492d5ff095f7b6764b.jpg

49907f233a8f82cabf7c1a78527e839e.jpg

a386f1b32f4928ee3f35b2de90a264b7.jpg

garage flooring st augustine fl
Just came back from nags head ,we got caught down there in all of that rain and wind easter week,well we didnt use the golf cart much all it did mostly was sit out in the rain
frown.gif
loaded it up and came home, seems that the roof supports had water in them and now I have rust stains on my rubber floor and cannt get it up.Anyone have any ideas on how to get the rust stains off rubber flooring.Thanks in advance