Kitchen sink seperating from counter

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hello Factory,
I noticed the other day a bigger than normal gap in between the kitchen sink and the countertop. When I opened the door under the sink I saw some water on the floor. We had water there before but I assumed it was from the drain pipes not being tight but now I see that is is coming from between the sink and countertop. From what I saw there are no mechanical fasteners or clamps to support the sink. My assumption now is that it is held in with adhesive/caulk only. I normally do not have a problem with adhesive only installs when it works but this ain't working. I put in a temporary wood block to keep it from getting worse but want to fix it correctly. I know the dealer will take care of it but I would like to know what the factory's input will be.

What is really supposed to be holding the sink in place?

Was there supposed to be some type of mechanical clamp?

Thank you for listening,

Mark

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Mark
I think that your missing the clamps that go under the sink counter to hold it on. Here is a picture of the sink from in side the cabinet. I would go get some at Lowe's and caulk the cabinet along the edge of the sink...

Attachments

• Sink attachement.jpg
    Sink attachement.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 50

osims

bsims
Mark
After reading your post i went out to my LM to check out the sink. There is wood screwed in on each side up against the sink and clips on the front and back. I don't know how to put a picture on here but the sink is secured well.
Bill

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bill
Adjust the size of your photo to something like a 640x480 or 800x600 pixles.

When you click to post a reply and you are in the text area, put your cursor above the icon above that shows a paper clip.
Left click on the paper clip icon. A window will come up and have a number of lines that have a button labeled Browse..
Lift click on the browse button and a window will open (Manage attachments). Navigate to the location you stored the digital picture. Left click on the photo, then click on the open button. If you wish to attach other photos follow the same procedure as the first one. When finished left click on the upload button. You should see your attachments below the upload section. When finished close the Manage Attachments window.

Click on the Submit Reply Button below this text box.

BC

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well the clip make sense to me. Really wasn't sure, maybe adhesive would be enough if done properly. I made a temporary fix and will have the dealer fix it properly at the end of the season.

Thank you all for your advise.

Mark