More storage please...

rene_terry

Haven't been here in quite awhile. We retired in 2013 and became full-time asphalt gypsies in the spring of that year, leaving Oregon behind for parts unknown. Although we have a 42' cyclone, the man-cave has always been off limits. (It's a guy thing.) After 3 years of wandering, my only issue has been storage. This month I went in search of a solution. Since we had been using the upper bunks for storage, I decided I wanted to do something more efficient.

T did all the work while I tried to keep my helpful suggestions to a minimum.
1. Removed both foam mattresses.
2. Installed 2x2 'wood grain' foam flooring for non-skid surface. Easy, interlocking pieces were great. No glue or staples needed.
3. Found shelving unit at Lowes and cut in half, secured with SS flanges which T bolted to the floor.
4. After putting everything back, we have room to spare...

and T's back will be better in a few days.

20160928_083209.jpg20160925_121648.jpg20160925_121725.jpg20160928_082322.jpg20160928_082330.jpg20160928_082422.jpg

jbeletti

Hi Rene - thanks for sharing your storage solution. I found the wood-grain foam flooring to be especially interesting. Where did you find that stuff?

rene_terry

Hi Jim - There are several websites that offer this product, however, I chose https://www.foamtiles.com/tiles/58-soft-wood-tiles.html . They offered a wide variety of styles, colors and surfaces along with excellent pricing and 433 user reviews. Ordering was easy, free samples are available, room size calculator was spot on and shipping was very quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good. Does the shelving go up and down on rails so you can get to it?

The shelving was purchased as a single unit from Lowes. It included 5 shelves, unit was approximately 6' tall, 18" deep and 48" wide. The shelves are mounted in a fixed position. The SS tube flanges were purchased from Amazon.