Where to get the aluminum steps?

TxCowboy

DW and I are looking to replace the stock steps on our LM 365 Key West with the aluminum steps that are now being installed on the newer models of LMs and Big Countries. I think there was a thread on this question awhile ago (couldn't find it in the Search) and, IIRC, they had to be ordered directly from the step's manufacturer.

Does anyone have the contact info for those steps and any idea what the cost is for the four step set?

TIA! :)

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
DW and I are looking to replace the stock steps on our LM 365 Key West with the aluminum steps that are now being installed on the newer models of LMs and Big Countries. I think there was a thread on this question awhile ago (couldn't find it in the Search) and, IIRC, they had to be ordered directly from the step's manufacturer.

Does anyone have the contact info for those steps and any idea what the cost is for the four step set?

TIA! :)[/QUOTE

Check out this link

https://heartlandowners.org/rally/2016/2016_LCI_Heartland Rally_Flier_v3.pdf

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

X2 what Jim said, I can personally vouch for them. We've had them installed since May, we fulltime (stationary mostly) and travel some. The Torklift GlowStep Revolution steps adjust to any terrain, have feet that ground the steps and make them very stable, they have grooves in the tread that make them anti-slip, they fold back into the same space as the OEM, are lightweight, aluminum so they don't rust. You also don't feel any bounce in the rig as someone goes up and down the steps.

e4f9f2966f3b76548cde33a3852dd58a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If you are talking about the ones that are currently on the Landmark 365, they are from Lippert.

ram_1955

Etrailer.com Torklift 5 step is just under $600 free shipping great service. I am installing second set.
These are NOT Lippert

IMG_1583.jpg

Domi

Agree with the comments on the Glow steps. Have had them on all summer and both of us Love them. No bounce, firm on the ground, solid. Easy installation and worth every penny.

John

TxCowboy

Thanks for the responses, all. Went through each of the websites and info provided and DW and I are leaning toward the Glowstep Revolutioin. Still have a couple of questions about that set, however.

About the Glowstep Revolution:

1. Is the top step the same distance from the door level as each of the lower steps? For example, the standard rise for steps is supposed to be 7.5 inches between steps. Is it also 7.5 inches from the entry door level down to the first step? The video seems to make that stepdown distance much higher that 7.5 inches.

2. Due to space in our RV park (we're long termers here), I need a replacement stairs set that doesn't stick out too far. I couldn't find any info on the Torklift website that gives dimensions on how far the four step or five step system extends from the side of the RV. For those that have a four or five step installed, would you mind posting how far these stairs extend from the door of your RV? (I'm asking about horizontal distance, not the slope/angle.)

Thanks again for your responses and anything else you might provide. :)

ram_1955

Top step is adjustable in three positions in the first 3 photos look at top step to label. Steps are 8" deep so a 5 step sticks out about 40". I can measure mine when I get home in about 3 hours. PM me if you want direct questions and answers. Fourth picture is a full deployed shot. Fifth is travel
IMG_1539.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1537.jpgIMG_1583.jpgIMG_1535.jpg

TxCowboy

Top step is adjustable in three positions in the first 3 photos look at top step to label. Steps are 8" deep so a 5 step sticks out about 40". I can measure mine when I get home in about 3 hours. PM me if you want direct questions and answers. Fourth picture is a full deployed shot. Fifth is travel
View attachment 47981View attachment 47982View attachment 47983View attachment 47984View attachment 47985

Thanks, Ray. Good photos. Did you get the attachable arm railing? Three steps without an arm railing is pretty steep.

ram_1955

Just measured from the side of the trailer to the outside of the foot. My 5 step is 45". Of course if you only need a 4 step it won't stick out as far.
My handle is a Carlson Stromberg model AC-544 it's spec say it comes out from the trailer wall 36".
The best price I have found on the steps and the handle are etrailer.com. I ordered a second set of steps and another handle for our front door and they arrived in 3-4 days, St. Louis, MO to Atlanta, GA
IMG_2443.jpgIMG_2442.jpg

TravelTiger

Here's 2 pics of ours today, at a state park with a very unlevel site and then pic 2 at our normal site (still somewhat unlevel.) Note the stroke length of the LevelUp in the two pics.

I measured approx. 38"-40" for the distance from the rig to the edge of the feet on the first pic.

87b6dd27884e01b5d2fdc20698117599.jpg

e930bb8b2e024881a5f5be323880e942.jpg

wehavefun

I have been contemplating between the 4 step and 5 step for a month. I have 38" - 39" of height on most sites, but occasionally I have 40". My dog would love a shorter step is the reason I am considering the 5 step, looking for input.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ram_1955

Only the first step out of the trailer is adjustable. When you pull the steps out they are all the same height between the steps even if the are 4 or 5.
my first set I measured per the directions at

http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowstep-revolution

scroll way way down the page for sizing info

the direction said I would need a 5 step but I was hoping to have less rise (distance between steps) so I ordered the six step. Once installed the six step would never allow the steps to sit level they tilted back. I removed one of the steps making it a 5 step and that is what is in my pictures. I am installing another set on my front door so I ordered a 4 step and will add the step previously removed into the second making it a 5 step.

please note that you need to measure the opening of the step brackets on the trailer and order the right width. If the steps are wider than your brackets you could have re weld them to the frame. If the steps are narrower you can add shims to make the fit.

here is a picture that shows the 6 steps and how they tilt. And if you note the level up ram and tires I am sitting above the yard by a couple of inches
IMG_1530.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One other option to consider are the Porta-Steps. They can simply be placed over the OEM steps without removing them. We have the complete Porta-Deck system and the steps are very sturdy and height adjustable. Down side might be that you have to have a place to store them when you move the rig. They do fold up fairly compact and can ride in the bed of the truck, though. My entire deck system stores in the basement of the rig.

TxCowboy

Great input into this thread, all. And good to see that it is helpful to others who are considering replacing the OEM steps. :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Erika - looking at your two pictures, I have a concern. Is the top step slightly sloping away or downward from the door? The bottom couple of steps look pretty level but that top one next to the door sure looks like it's sloping.
B--

TravelTiger

Erika - looking at your two pictures, I have a concern. Is the top step slightly sloping away or downward from the door? The bottom couple of steps look pretty level but that top one next to the door sure looks like it's sloping.
B--

In this particular instance, (at the extremely sloped site at Lake Brownwood State Park), the top step was sloped very slightly. I could have made an adjustment to the top step to lower it, making the step more level... however, it would have made the last/first step to/from the coach larger than the others. With my knees, I chose to deal with a slightly sloped step, but it was not a problem.

I think it looks more pronounced than it really is.

Pic of the site:

8b4cca642d5ed18983fed6e9b766b7e9.jpg

a2645ba6950f40746e70d14c0d26a70f.jpg