Thinking about installing a Zantrex 2000W inverter

SNOKING

Thinking about installing a Xantrex 2000W inverter

In our SOB trailer we had a Freedom 10 1000W inverter and enjoyed being able to use the micro wave when stopped for lunch and such. So I am thinking of installing this Xantrec inverter for that and a change to a residential refer at some point down the road.

https://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-PROW...254292&sr=8-1&keywords=xantrex+prowatt+sw2000

With

https://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-808-...rd_wg=zYqIQ&psc=1&refRID=W08JQ9ANJC3TVF4XJBJZ

and this switch for the micro wave circuit for now. And a second one later for the refer circuit.

https://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-Inli...ds=Xantrex+Inline+Transfer+Relay+f/PROwatt+SW

Also maybe a third switch for the sat stuff and living room TV, and control the three circuits by which switches are plugged in to the inverter.

We currently have a Honda eu1000i that most likely will not power the converter that is OEM in the trailer. So we at some point may sell it and get a eu2000i generator. One of these Xantrex switches could also be installed in the converter AC lead and I would install Marinco 15AMP AC inlet. Or I could just add another lower AMP converter that would work with our existing Honda generator. It will power a 40-45AMP converter.

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/mari...1327-00.html?gclid=CJLG8tbJt88CFRBEfgodzlgP0g

I would rather not install a 50AMP transfer switch, as it is to easy for unwanted loads like the water heater or fireplace/heater landing on the inverter.

So I seek your input on such a plan. I can install the inverter, remote, and one switch for around $500 by the time I install a fuse in the 12V input to the inverter and wiring required. It is in my wheel house to do such projects.

Chris

Last edited:

justafordguy

Seems like a 50 amp transfer switch for all circuits would be easier.

I installed a second 50 amp power connection in my front compartment for my portable generator and use that with my 2000 Zantrex inverter also. Not automatic but works very well while on the road or during a power outage.

SNOKING

Re: Thinking about installing a Xantrex 2000W inverter

Seems like a 50 amp transfer switch for all circuits would be easier.

I installed a second 50 amp power connection in my front compartment for my portable generator and use that with my 2000 Zantrex inverter also. Not automatic but works very well while on the road or during a power outage.

I noted a reason above for not wanting to switch everything to the inverter. Also 50 amp transfer switches have rep of having issues with connections and contacts as we see in post from time to time. Chris

Last edited:

Jim.Allison

Take a Zantrex buy a Xantrex, LOL

I have a Freedom 3012, and two Trojan 150 amp hour FLA batts charged by a solar array.

I have been using the system daily to power all my tools and lighting for a house that I am building (we do not have grid power yet), so the Xantrex has been getting a work out and is performing quite well.

I was using the generator at first until one day we ran out of propane. So I just decided to run solar only, LOL, glad I did because I have not bought one dimes worth of propane since that day.

Big-B

I had a xantrex proline 2000 watt inverter in Our Montana. I loved it until it quit working after about 2 years of use. I had purchased it as a factory re-conditioned unit because I figured any repair problems would be easy if the factory routinely re-conditions them. Was I wrong about that.

They are not repairable according to xantrex and several other places that I contacted about repairing my unit.

With that said I will never again buy anything with the name xantrex on it. $900 inverter is scrap.

We just bought a 34 foot Bighorn and am planning on putting a Magnum inverter in it. The repair place that I contacted about the xantrex said they can repair Magnums.