Cable tv not working

Redrider007

Hello everyone, I am using the cable TV connection for the first time at an RV resort and I'm having no reception at all. I have two cable connections by the TV and have tried them both and needless to say have checked The connection on the back of the TV and yes I am plugged into the catv inlet by the plumbing valves. Am I missing something? I know this is in brain surgery!I do get reception from my TV antenna!

Mrsfish

I am absolutely the worst person to give you any advise on this- but I'll try rather than leave you hanging. Have you hit the red button in the closet and turned the booster off? I have a 3010re and its on the far left side of the closet (inside the closet). After you do that, I know you have to program the tv to receive the cable channels. That's it...it's all I got. Good luck!

WBG

WBGavin
Hello everyone, I am using the cable TV connection for the first time at an RV resort and I'm having no reception at all. I have two cable connections by the TV and have tried them both and needless to say have checked The connection on the back of the TV and yes I am plugged into the catv inlet by the plumbing valves. Am I missing something? I know this is in brain surgery!I do get reception from my TV antenna!

As Ann & Rick said, make sure the red "Booster" light is off in the front left closet. Second, make sure the TV is set to cable, not antenna. Then let the TV find all the available channels, this can take awhile depending on your TV. If that does not work, just run the cable into the rig, directly from the post connection to the TV, until you can sort things out. Have had to do this on more than one occasion.
WBG

wdk450

The booster was it - don't quite understand how that does it but thanks for the advice!!!

As an explanation, the booster amplifies the VHF/UHF over the air (OTA) broadcast signals which are in a certain band of frequencies, when the booster is on. It will NOT pass much higher frequencies as the Cable TV (or satellite) signals are, due to the frequency response limitations of the wallplate circuitry. Turning the booster OFF closes the contacts of a relay switch directly connecting the input wallplate cable to the output wallplate cable without going through the wallplate amplifier circuitry. Thus there are no frequency response limitations blocking the cable signals.

TxCowboy

One additional thought to the good comments above -- once you have done the "OTA Off check" (no red light), do a channel scan on your television. On some televisions, it will tell you that you have no channel/no service until you run a channel scan.

HTH. :)