Time frame

gardan69

How long have you owned your 3950 and what problems have you encountered ??

What do you tow with and what hitch are you using/recommend ?

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Curt Q5 20k fifth wheel and Putnam Firehawk II 23k fifth wheel/ gooseneck combo are two I can vouch for. You want one rated at least as high but prefferably a little higher than the trailer GVWR

Curt easier to use, Firehawk II was more flexible for my job but doen't fit 2002 and newer Dodges as it doesn't use a standard rail kit like Curt and Reese.

Reese and B&W also make good hitches

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I picked up my Cyclone on March 8th, moved into it on March 9th. I LOVE MY CYCLONE!

The first time I used it, the combo Splendide washer/dryer would not drain. Called the Splendide Factory, talked to a tech, had a new motor within 3 days. Installed it in about 20 minutes. Problem solved. :) (Washer comes in a 2-piece drain pan. Take it out and throw it away. If it leaks, you'll see it on the rubber floor in the garage. Machine too heavy to pick up and sit in a 1-piece pan. Not enough room in cabinet to pick it up.)

Had a water leak on the HOT water out of the water heater. Didn't know it until the water had leaked across the floor (vinyl) in the living/dining area. Found the leak, after searching for a couple of days - and tightened the hand connection. Problem solved. :)

The wiring and plumbing area behind the wall in the storage needs work. Everything works great, it just looks like crap. In my 25 years of doing electrical work, if I was to have ever done any work that looked like that, regardless of whether it worked or not - I would have been fired. IMHO, Heartland needs to work on that. In their defense, it's not seen on a regular basis. But any troubleshooting would be a pain! We have something in the Nat'l Electric Code that talks about doing your work with neat craftsmanship. That's definitely lacking behind the walls. And, most of all - when I do a job, I try to do it the way I would want it. This is not the way I would want it. But it does work...so far. :(

Just this week, realized the monitor for the rear tanks was mis-wired. Swapped the wires around. Problem solved. :)

Since day one, I have been living in it, using everything. Water works, electric works, tanks dump, TV and stereo work, nothing falling apart that I haven't caused. (I had a small bag of onions fall on the floor during travel and was behind the kitchen trim on the slide and pulled the trim off at the bottom when I extended the slide.)

Also, the propane will only run out when it is freezing and in the wee hours of the morning. The bottles are designed that way. :D

I have a Reese 20K hitch in my Chevy. Most recent trip was 900 miles from OKC (the day after I got home from The Rally in Branson :D ) - averaged 10.6 mpg to Glendo, Wyoming @ 30 miles south of Douglas. I have the regular stock hitch pin on my Cyclone and I will upgrade to the MorRyde pin next year at The Rally in Goshen - if not sooner! I get too much 'chucking' action.

Did I mention - I LOVE MY CYCLONE! Seems to be well built and I get to take my Harley, too!

Then there's always the modifications you can make to suit your needs/desires. I'll be winterizing to the max - out of necessity. Once complete, I don't foresee any problems in sub-zero weather! Brrrrr.... :D I already added some anti-vibration mat under the W/D and will be adding it under the water pump as well. I tiled the board under the mattress so it doesn't get splinters and moves easier to make the bed. It's like a living project in motion. Make changes as I go. You're gonna love it! :)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Also, the propane will only run out when it is freezing and in the wee hours of the morning. The bottles are designed that way. :D

LOL Thought I was the only one with deffective propane bottles.;)

gardan69

You can't turn off one bottle and leave the other one on so when one runs out you switch to the other and then refill the one that ran out ???

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
gardan69 - That's what I do with mine - until I get the 250Gal tank sitting here for the winter. There is an automatic-tank-changing-regulator, which will change to the full tank when the first one run out. But you'd definitely have to keep an eye on it to know when the first one ran out. So, I just leave the full bottle closed and run off the other one. When it runs out (in the middle of the 20 degree night), I change to the full bottle and then go get the other one filled. It just seems they never run out at a 'convenient' time. I need to add a gauge of some sort inside near my control panel so I can keep an eye on it.

gardan69

Hmmmm, Interesting. My first 4 campers were all manual controls with a switching valve between them. I will have to remember to keep one closed. Thanks for the info.