Torque T32 rear sofa/bed

Nsmart

My T32 has the optional rear sofas in the garage area and my dealer told me that they fold into a bed. They do fold flat and seem to make a bed but when putting even minimal weight on the "bed" it seems really weak and there aren't any supports under the center portion. Does anyone know if these sofas are supposed to be made into a bed??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30

schew

I have the same identical couches as you, but in my TQ31. Like you, I've noticed that there isnt a support for the back rest when folded down in the bed position. Each couch does have one support leg under the main portion of the couch though. For the meantime, until I can confirm that the backrest can support the weight of someone sitting on them, I've asked the kids to simply sit on the main section.
Although I haven't yet, closer inspection of the backrest supports may provide some insight to if the were designed to support weight while folded down...

Nsmart

Mine have the kickstand on the seat portion but not the top portion. I don't see them being strong enough to have people sleep on when folded flat. One reason we purchased the T32 was because it having 3 beds.

schew

My kids would sleep in the direction of "driver to passenger side" spanning both couches and hope by doing so would distribute the weight better than sleeping "front to back".
It would be nice to be able to order a couple more supports and add them to the back of the backrests.

While on the subject of the fold down beds, when folded down, do you have a gap inbetween both beds?
Mine does and curiously enough when you look at pictures of those beds in a 5th wheel, no gap is visible?

Nsmart

Adding some supports would probably be the best option if I can locate some.
Mine does have a couple inches between them when folded flat.

schew

Adding some supports would probably be the best option if I can locate some.
Mine does have a couple inches between them when folded flat.
I have to imagine we could find them.. if found, I would buy enough to have two supports for the bench, as well as another 2 for the backrest.