Cooking outdoors

SButler83

Looking at appliances to cook outdoors that store well, clean easy, and work well. Any recommendations? Also, do you guys find yourselves cooking outside more often than in to avoid messes? I was thinking of some kind of electric cooktop and a convection oven to go along with the bbq.

rxbristol

I use a propane burner along with my Weber Q. You might find that your convection oven may pull more amps than the circuit will be able to consistently provide. An electric burner (induction) should be OK if you have compatible cookware--on other electric burners just watch the amp draw.

C-Haert

I've got a 16" Camp Chef Pro 60 and their SS Grille Box. Plenty of blaze for frying and boiling...and the grille box cooks meats perfectly! Best stove I've ever used/bought for the money...and I stow both away in their fitted with carry bags. Found some on-line coupons and bought mine from OutdoorCooking.com.

C-Haert
:cool:

Nbomar

I use a camp chef explorer and have a small propane grill and small charcoal. I definitely cook more outside. It's easier to clean for sure and more room to socialize and move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

When we're traveling we cook every breakfast, and dinner on an open fire using a folding grate, and iron skillet. That way we still feel like were still "camping". LOL :)

Crumgater

We also have a 'camp chef' and a propane grill... and often cook with our cast iron over the camp fire.

For electric appliances, an "Instant Pot" can do lots of stuff anywhere there's a plug-in (pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and more).

I do have a single-eye resistance coil "stove" that I take with me on long business trips for hotel cooking... it might end up in the RV some time, but I doubt it. We like cooking with gas too much.

szewczyk_john

We have a charcoal grill, Coleman road trip propane with interchangeable cooking surfaces, and a Charbroil Big Easy oil-less turkey fryer. the Big Easy is an amazing cooking vessel that uses infra-red technology. It truly is amazing, we have had one for 7 years now and it is just so versatile that I do not travel without it. Once you master this device, you can cook entire meals in this one device and clean up is lightning fast. There is a drip pan to empty and a wiping of the interior cooking vessel and a basket or racks that need a washing. Whole chickens, chicken breast, wings and legs, whole turkeys, turkey breasts, pork loin roast, various beef roasts, burgers, corn dogs and half hams have all been made in mine while set up for camping. Veggies on the upper racks with meat cooking underneath.

The best thing is that when you make the larger chunks of meats, you end up with left overs for lunches as well. The pluses to this are that you are eating better cuts of meat, which are more favorable and a lot cheaper per pound than processed deli lunch meats.

This device is not made for traveling and I had to beef up the legs. It is similar in size to you 30 LB propane tank, just a little in diameter. we find ourselves using the big easy more often than our charcoal or propane grills and that doesn't matter if we are camping or at home. They can be found for under $80.00 and after Thanksgiving, I have seen them on clearance for $50.00.

KenJ

I use a camp chef explorer and have a small propane grill and small charcoal. I definitely cook more outside. It's easier to clean for sure and more room to socialize and move around.

Hi,
When using the camp chef, do you have a separate propane bottle or do you connect to your rigs supply?

Nbomar

Hi,
When using the camp chef, do you have a separate propane bottle or do you connect to your rigs supply?

I care a separate bottle. You could easily use the rigs supply though. I also have a propane weed burner I carry to start campfires so having the separate bottle of propane comes in handy.

Dumboldles

I also have a Campchef 3 burner pro that connects to Quick connect plug directly from the units propane bottles; no extra propane bottles to carry.

We also use a small kettle like grill for charcoal grilling.

Dumboldles