Furrion dv3100 remote issue? Possible fix inside

So we got our brand new Wilderness and from the get go the remote for the stereo/dvd player didn't work. No problem, so I call up Furrion customer service, who was very helpful and quick to resolve the issue, and ask for a replacement remote. Wait 2 days and it shows up today. Anxious to go out and use the new remote only to be let down with another faulty remote...... or was it. So before calling Furrion about a new head unit, I decide to pull the current one out to see if anything jumped out at me.

Well there it was from the factory. Heartland workers, i guess, plugged the radio antenna into the IR remote port on the back of the head unit. Unplug that and both remotes now work. And amazing I now have local radio stations.

So if you are having the same issue this may be a fix for you.

Best regards ,
Jerry Carlin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wdk450

So we got our brand new Wilderness and from the get go the remote for the stereo/dvd player didn't work. No problem, so I call up Furrion customer service, who was very helpful and quick to resolve the issue, and ask for a replacement remote. Wait 2 days and it shows up today. Anxious to go out and use the new remote only to be let down with another faulty remote...... or was it. So before calling Furrion about a new head unit, I decide to pull the current one out to see if anything jumped out at me.

Well there it was from the factory. Heartland workers, i guess, plugged the radio antenna into the IR remote port on the back of the head unit. Unplug that and both remotes now work. And amazing I now have local radio stations.

So if you are having the same issue this may be a fix for you.

Best regards ,
Jerry Carlin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm glad you have the smarts to find the problem, and fix it yourself. I don't think the Heartland assembly line guys are the smartest minds when it comes to consumer electronics.

BTW, did you know you can check any IR remote for putting out signals by aiming the remote at a digital camera or phone camera, pressing remote buttons and looking for the flashes through the cameras? The digital camera sensors can see the IR pulses that our eyes can't see.