Rock Chips

'Lil Guy'

Acquired a couple of small rock chips on my front cap. What's the standard procedure for this without completely repainting the FC. I thought of going to the auto parts store and looking for a similar color to touch them up. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

MandA

Glad you ask this. I have the same problem. Drove several miles on gravel road going to Alaska and return. I have been thinking of a way to fix. Of course one could buy matching paint and touch them up. My thoughts are maybe coat the front of the trailer with spray on bed liner. this would eliminate future chips. Just not sure how it would look and some of the liners I see oxidise (sp) and start turn gray with age. Maybe someone has a better idea.
m

SNOKING

We have very small chips all over the front of our new 2017 painted cap. Seems that paint chips easier than decals get dinged up. Chris

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the replies. The chips are small and minor. I'll probably just get some paint to match and dab it on the little chipped areas. I just worry about leaving the white unprotected area under the chip exposed. Thanks again for the replies.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Check with Heartland. You may be able to get some touch up paint from them. Have you VIN handy.

MandA

My reply was the front of the trailer lower part. Not the cap. Sorry for the error. Guess I sounded stupid. But I do have a chip problem. Did not mean to change the subject. Apology.